22 - Beasts

——— ♡ ———

3rd POV: 

“All right!!” Xuri and Luffy said in unison, though Luffy was now tiny. The Basilisk laid down on its back unconscious and lost all its feathers while the skin looked burnt. 

“...Your…your hand just turned massive…!! What the heck was that?! And what’s that form meant to be?!” Buggy turned to little Luffy who was panting, “It’s called ‘Gear Third’!!!...Looks like we managed to beat it…!! Come on!! Let's hurry down to level 3!!”  Luffy said as he turned back to normal.

Aw…he was so cute! He still looks the same as when he was a kid.’ Xuri thought while smiling. 

“ALLLRRIGGHTTT~~~!!!”

“YOU GUYS TOOK OUT THE BASILISK~~~!!!”

“AWESOME WORK!!! YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE~~~!!!”

“AND YOU EVEN TOOK OUT THE MONITOR ROOM AT THE SAME TIME…YOU GUYS ARE JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!!” 

The prisoners cheered at the three, some were catcalling Xuri while she just ignored them, telling herself that they weren't worth her time. The prisoners were asking them for the keys while Buggy and Luffy were arguing again as Xuri scolded them while trying to separate them again. 

“......That’s...Straw Hat Luffy…and…Ms. White Flame Xuri…What are they doing here…??!!....No, that’s not important…if they’re outside of the cages…that means they must be in the middle of an escape operation!” A guy with his hair styled into a number 3 said.

Buggy unlocked the cells of the prisoners, “GYAHAHAHAHA!!! THAT’S RIGHT, SHOW YOUR THANKS, FOOLS!!!” Buggy exclaimed as he commanded the prisoners to chant his name. The prisoners did as they were told, repeating and praising Buggy’s name.

Xuri facepalmed at them, dragging her hand down her face, “Is it going to be like this for every level…?” She asked herself while trying to ignore the other prisoners trying to hit on her.

On the other hand Luffy and Buggy were shouting at each other again. A loud growl echoed through the prison level and the prisoners all went rushing back to their prison cells, “Nah…look, we just got a bit carried away there!! This ain’t no chance or nothing!! The boss of this floor…as long as he’s around…” a prisoner sweat dropped.

“...We’re still better off right here inside our cages…!!” another prisoner exclaimed.

“A…all right!! Straw Hat!! I’ve decided I’ll tell you the way down to level three!!” Buggy smiled, nodding his head.

“I THOUGHT YOU JUST SAID YOU DON’T KNOW THE WAY, BIG–NOSE!!” Luffy yelled. Xuri snorted, looking away while she tried her best not to laugh.

“WHO’RE YOU CALLIN’ BIG–NOSE, HUH?!?!” Buggy yelled back, headbutting his forehead onto Luffy’s. “AND YOU!!” Buggy pointed at Xuri, still headbutting Luffy. Xuri looked back at him with her eyebrow raised as she stared at him, signalling him to continue yet Buggy chose to shut his mouth close as he sweat drops before he continued to yell at Luffy.

“If you’re having trouble getting around this floor, perhaps I could lend you a hand?” A new voice came and interrupted them. “Hmm?! What's with this guy?” Buggy said.

“Fuhahaha….It's been a while Straw Hat Luffy!!! Strange though it may be, it is thanks to you that I am now free…and I am a man who likes to repay his debts!” He said as Luffy looked at him in confusion, “Who are you?” Luffy asked him, the guy began to fix his hair with a number three on it as Luffy tried to remember his name.