25 - Poison

——— ♡ ———

3rd POV:

Magellan landed and appeared in front of Luffy and Xuri. Xuri blocked Magellan’s attack with her sword as Luffy jumped back in reflex. As Luffy continued to sneeze, Xuri made sure to block every attack that came towards them.

Luffy was able to dodge when Magellan struck the ground, causing Luffy to lose his footing. “Luffy!” Xuri called out in worry. Magellan saw she was distracted and chose to strike her from behind. It didn’t give her much time to react as Magellan was nearly striking through Xuri.

That is until a blurry figure came and defended the attack from her. “Stay away from her! We’re gonna go and get Ace…and then we’re getting out of here!!! Like I’d go and die before I even find him! LIKE I’D LET HIM GO AND GET EXECUTED!!!”

There he was, Luffy stood in front of Xuri protectively as steam emitted from his body. Xuri stumbled back a bit as she regained her footing.

“If not touching you ‘cause you’re poisonous is just gonna lose me this fight..” Luffy mumbled, “...Then I’d do better to sacrifice these hands…AND SMACK YOU ONE!!” Luffy ran to him at full speed, “GOMU GOMU NO…!!!! BAZOOKA!!!!!!” Magellan was sent flying back a few meters, coughing out blood.

“Gomu Gomu no…

“Hidoria”

…DOUBLE JET GUN!”

Another strong punch sent by Luffy but this time Magellan has a counter attack…he spits out balls made out of poison. Luffy quickly dodged with immense speed.

Xuri was somehow lost in the sea of smoke. In situations like this, she needs to mainly rely on her ears and observation haki. “Where could he be..?” she squinted her eyes to find Luffy.

“Hydra.”

Xuri widened her eyes as she heard the familiar voice of Magellan. She knew which attack he would do next. She looked around and frantically searched for Luffy.

Where are you…Luffy!’ her eyes darted to the left and that moment the smoke cleared up a few seconds.

‘There!’ She was relieved to see him still standing. A hydra dragon head rushed towards Luffy as he prepared to fight. In a split second, Luffy felt a hand to his chest before getting pushed back rather harshly as he stumbled a few feet back.

The hydra dragon captured Xuri in its mouth as poison was all over her form. She struggled a bit to breathe after escaping though she managed to capture the attention of Magellan.

“Hey, Is that all you’ve got? Really, you’re a warden of this prison aren’t you? Why would they have a weakling for a warden and that’s just so…pathetic.” She provoked him.

Not questioning how she survived, he was blinded by anger. Magellan sent the three headed hydra dragon to deal with Xuri.

“Poison cloud” he said as thick smoke of poison surrounded them. Luffy was now even more struggling to breathe as he inhaled the poison.

‘Shit, of course he could do that too..! What were you thinking!? Hopefully this decision would put less weight on Luffy… ’ She scolded herself as she took care of the hydra dragons. Xuri opened her palms as white flames appeared, she then set all three hydra dragon heads on fire.

Magellan who had his attention on Luffy felt like his back was a bit hot. He looked over his shoulder and saw his whole back on fire and the three headed dragons. Magellan began to panic, trying to put out the fire.

“Now is the chance-!” Xuri then coated her fist with armament haki. Her fist collided with Magellan’s stomach as he was blasted back, smashing through the concrete walls. Magellan’s head was in the wall while the rest of his body was sticking out.

She looked back at Luffy with a smile but her smile didn't last even a second. Luffy was on the ground, laying down  breathing heavily.

She rushed to him, gently placing his head on her lap as she checked for his pulse while removing a few lumps of poison that were on his arm and legs.

Luckily Magellan did not showered him with poison as his hydra dragons were with Xuri. “Luffy! Can you still hear me?!” Xuri cups his cheeks, waiting for an answer.

Luffy weakly opened his eyes and held her arm before smiling, “Xuri…you’re okay…I’ll…just sleep for…a while” He said as he closed his eyes.

Xuri checked his pulse again, still the same though it's weak. She placed her arm under his legs and back, carrying him in bridal style. “I better go before he recovers” she looks back to see Magellan still in the same place, not moving even one bit.

She hurriedly left and went on her way to level 5. After a few minutes of running, she started to feel cold. “That must be it. Level 5” she furrowed her eyebrows, walking towards the blizzard. She stepped in the place, looking down to see thick snow as her heels sunk in deep.

The strong cold wind made Luffy shiver, this made Xuri to hold him close to her chest. She then activated her devil fruit as white flames covered the outline of her form, trying not to burn Luffy. By providing the warmth they both needed, Luffy stopped shivering.

She smiled, knowing that he’s not cold anymore. “Don’t worry Luffy, I’ll make sure to find help.”

——— ♡ ———

Ehe :)