20 - The Clown

——— ♡ ———

3rd POV

Xuri and Luffy ran through the multiple cells of men who were calling out for them, trying to find a way that leads to level 5. 

Luffy and Xuri stopped by a cell as they conversed with the prisoners. 

“Who are you guys? You’re not jailers or guards.”

“Why are you outside the jail.”

“Oh, that is right. Do you know where Ace is?” Luffy asked the prisoners.

“Ace!?”

“Ace…you mean ‘Fire Fist’ Ace !?” A prisoner exclaimed.

“That’s right. I want to save him!” 

“BUAHAHAHA! THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE! It’s true that I heard he was caught but…if it’s so, he would be on level 5. You wouldn’t be able to reach there. Totally impossible! That is the floor where the wanted with more than 100 million of reward are kept.” The prisoner said 

The prisoners continued to beg for Luffy and Xuri  to free them from their cells as Luffy began to wonder until a loud scream was heard.

“GYAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!”

“Huh? What is that?” Xuri said, trying to get a clear view before widening her eyes. “Shit.”

“I GOT CUT IN HALF! IT’S HARD TO RUN!” the clown looking guy said as Luffy and Xuri ran with him while being chased down by the Bluegoris.

“AHHHH! WHAT ARE THESE GUYS!?” Xuri and Luffy yelled in unison.

The clown who got cut in half was perfectly one whole again. “GYAHAHAHA! YOU CAN'T CUT ME, YOU IDIOT!” He laughed out loud before realising he’s running with other people.

“WHAAAAATT!?!? STRAW HAT!! WHY ARE YOU HERE!?? AND A WARLORD TOO!?!? EH!????”

“Oh, it’s you Buggy” Luffy said

“Is this one of the first pirates you beat up, Luffy?” Xuri asks

“Yeah!”

“HEY! DON’T MAKE FUN OF ME!” Buggy yelled as Xuri snickers.

“You’re conceited as always! I didn’t know you got caught too!” Buggy said to Luffy.

“I entered on my own. I didn’t get caught.” Luffy replied.

“Ahh! Don’t tell me you heard I was imprisoned and came to help me!!” Buggy had teary eyes before shouting again, “LIKE HELL YOU WOULD! I’M NOT FEELING GOOD WITH THIS!”

Luffy and Buggy began to shout at each other, arguing while Xuri decided she had enough running. “Alright, I guess I’ll have to do it myself.”

As more Bluegoris came at them, Xuri stopped running while the Bluegoris ran at her, preparing to strike. Her back was facing the Bluegoris as it attacked.

Xuri tilted her head to the side, dodging the axe that was swung at her. She grabbed the arm of the Bluegori and threw it over her shoulder before facing the other Bluegloris who were charging at her.

Xuri began to knock the Bluegoris out, one after the other. A chop on the neck here and a punch in the gut there. Luffy and Buggy were still running, thinking that they were still being chased after as they argued.

Both Luffy and Buggy decided to fight off the Bluegoris, 

“LET’S CHANGE THE PLAN TO A BIG UPROAR!”

“ALL RIGHT!!”

They readied their fists to strike but jaw dropped the moment they saw Xuri sitting on top of the pile of Bluegoris.

“…EEEHHHH!!?!??”

“Took you two long enough to realize…” Xuri jumped off the pile, landing gracefully on the ground as faces then, “Let’s go!”

Xuri, Luffy and Buggy continued to run past the prison cells. “YOU WANT TO SAVE ACE!?!?” exclaimed Buggy.

“SHHH!!! THEY’LL FIND US!” Buggy whispered shouts.

“You’re the one who’s yelling here, Bubbly! They probably already know that we’re running around this place!” Xuri whispered-shouts back.

“IT’S BUGGY!!” Buggy yelled at Xuri and then to the prisoners, telling them to shut up. 

“You know about Ace?” Luffy asked him.

“Yeah…unlike you, your brother seems like a good guy!! We were drinking buddies for a while. So I was really bummed out when I heard what happened. It’s pure foolishness to lay a hand on one of Whitebeard’s guys, Marines..!!!” 

“We want to go to level 5. That’s where Ace is, right?” Luffy asked.

“How should I know?!?! If you wanna go, then go on your own! Do you think we’re friends or something?! I’m not going somewhere that dangerous!” Buggy exclaimed as he walked away, “Later. If you both are not coming with me then I’m escaping on my own”

“Oh by the way, there are ten warships outside. Goodluck, Bubbly!” Xuri said as she waved goodbye at Buggy before turning to Luffy, “I guess we have to find someone else to help us around here.” Luffy nodded at her.

“Well, see you later! Goodluck escaping!” Luffy waved at Buggy before turning around to walk to the other direction. Buggy quickly jumped at Luffy and yells,

“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE, STRAW HAT!!!”

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!!?” Luffy yelled back.

“YOU IDIOTS! QUIT YELLING—!!” Xuri separated the two by grabbing them by the back of their collars. Cocking of guns was heard as the 3 of them looked down to see the prison guards aiming their guns at them.

“THERE THEY ARE!!! THEY FOUND US!!!” Buggy yelled.

“WHY ARE YOU YELLING!!?” Luffy and Xuri smacked the clown. 

Buggy jumps at Luffy, “H..hey..that armband!! It…it's amazing!!! Hand it over!!”

“What's with you all of a sudden?! I got this from Nami.” Luffy said trying to get Buggy off him as Xuri just watched them with a deadpan face. ‘Am I just here to babysit them?!’

Buggy detached his torso from his lower body. “I’ll tell you how to get to where Ace is!!” he pridefully said.

——— ♡ ———