(=ↀωↀ=) ~ A little Talk

Starscream's POV

Shockwave's message mentioned meeting in a specific place in the Nevada Desert, but it didn't specify if I had to be a cat or not. So we tried Ratchet and Wheeljack's collar.
Everything went smoothly, so now I can switch from cat to bot, just like when I transform, and that is a relief.

Also, Ratchet and Wheeljack announced that their Sparkling was planned, and in the end, all of us complimented them and wished them many happy things.

But talking about important things, there are two of them: My bot form, and the talk with Shockwave.

My Bot form is almost normal, but as we imagined, not everything went as smoothly as hopped. Even if my frame was the same, I had found cat ears and a cat tail on it, and they were as sensitive as my wings, so I had to keep them for myself.

And then we talk about the talk with Shockwave. We're going right now, me, Optimus, Bumblebee, Knockout, and Soundwave, but when we reached the place, we saw Megatron as well.
I felt the "blood" in my veins stopping, and my spark stopped shining for a bit, but it resumed when something caught my optic.

Megatron was stimming.
Just like a neurodivergent or even autistic.
Soundwave looked highly worried about Megatron's constant massacring of his servos and digits.

I was sitting on Optimus's shoulder plate, and as the two Decepticons saw us, I could see that something was off. I didn't know if it was Megatron's missing anger issues or the fact that Shockwave seemed to have facial expressions even without a faceplate, but I knew something was up.

Shockwave was the one starting the conversation, and in his tone I could sense a lot of pride, weird, but weirder that fact that Megatron was standing behind him.

Shockwave: "We came here to ask for a truce."

That's just one of the most unexpected things I could think of, really.

Bumblebee: "And why would you want a truce? To plan better how to destroy us all?"

Shockwave: "Decepticons lost interest in our original cause, so we'd like to have a period of time to... settle down our opinions, all of them."

He was serious, like always, but he seemed more comfortable while talking with us. The reason might have been the fact that he was always looking at Soundwave, who was conveniently standing right behind Optimus.

Shockwave: "Will you consider our offer?"

Optimus' expression was confused, but a hint of hope was seen in his optics. I jumped from Knockout's arms to Optimus's shoulder plate and looked at Megatron. The shame in my spark was covered by the rage in my optics.

Starscream: "And what made you loose interest in your original cause, Shockwave?"

The scientist looked up at me, but with no hate, even some kind of admiration in his optic.

Shockwave: "This is something we can talk about in a second moment, right now, we just want time to understand our opinions... as new elements have been added to the equation."

Megatron's breath stopped, his servos moved one on the othed faster and his optics looking down, not strong enough to look up at us, at least, I believe.

Optimus: "...and what elements have been added?"

Megatron stopped completely, not venting at all.

Shockwave: "I have discovered that Lord Megatron, as well as myself, has a mental condition that makes harder communicating efficiently with others."

My processor blew completely. He's part of the Autistic Spectrum!? I'd never, and I say never thought about that. He finally vented and looked up at us.
An incredible amount of emotions reached my processor when my optics locked with his, and for the first time, I didn't hate looking at them.

Usually so angry and violent, with that bloody murder desire, now they were weak and scared.

I didn't know this Megatron.

This was not the Megatron that led the Decepticons for all these eons and had beaten me up so many times.
But I think that this Megatron might be a better choice other than the old one.

Optimus looked at me, with those calm, but also sure, blue optics.

Optimus: "It's mainly your decision, Starscream. I believe they deserve a chance, but you are the one who suffered from this."

My optics were still locked on Megatron's, which were filled with fears and terror that hid a shy mech, who wasn't able to talk to others.

Starscream: "...I don't see why they wouldn't deserve one."

A little smile came across Megatron's faceplate, and a warm sensation came up in my spark.
I don't know how to call it, but it surely is strong.