Return of Number 96

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 2: Return of Number 96

Date: September 19th, 2023

I use my best attack to deal a huge blow to the enemy forces although it was a struggle to since they were right in my face neatly the entire time. But still, it wiped out a good number in the end. But Naofumi didn't seem to notice. Raphtalia yells: "Naofumi! Don't do it!" "Master! Please don't become mean and scary!" "Kiddo, keep yourself calm!" "Mother, it's happening right before us.." "I know, Melty.. Shield Hero.. Naofumi! Dont give in to the darkness inside of you!" Alice shouts: "I sense an evil presence inside of him!" Sinon adds: "Our enemies despite how many were just wiped out are quickly advancing on us once again!" And then, Naofumi's eyes turn red as his body and outfit undergo a transformation. A demonic like transformation. "Go, Rage Shield! Destroy my enemies! Burn them to ashes!" The fiery power of that shield burns many approaching enemies to cinders as his body becomes more and more consumed by darkness. "Damn it! I can't let Artist's Eye go unused! I shall use it to wipe out so many enemies that Naofumi's anger will be easier to qwell once it's through! We can't let him fall under the darkness! His darkness isn't like mine. His is connected to a entity. Mine is just the unstable part of me when it alone is in control!" I use Artist's Eye to conjure a lot of explosives set to detonate. After I'm finished doing that, I'm forced to shut my left eye closed due to the strain. The explosives rain down on the enemies, having enough combined explosive power to even bring down several Ultimate Ancient Gear Golems. But my plan to use that in order to help calm Naofumi fails. His anger doesn't waver in the slightest. Raphtalia and Fill start hugging him despite the fact it burns them.

L'Arc yells: "Wish I could join in hugging Kiddo but this isn't the time. Many more of our enemies have been destroyed but the rest are coming quickly. This city has almost been wiped off the map from what I can see.." Glass does her best to blow them back but they just keep coming. Melty joins in on hugging Naofumi. "I activate the field spell Artistic Haven!" Our surroundings change around us into something beautiful and serene. I sigh: "My field spell won't last long but perhaps it's positive energy will help Naofumi remember beyond just his anger and hatred. I know how he feels. But like you said L'Arc, they're coming fast. Yes, I know who everyone here is. Let's worry about that later!" Seconds later, the flames around Naofumi vanish just as our enemies come at us. I get ready to cut any foes I can into pieces with my sword. Thrusting is inefficient in this situation. And there's not enough space and too many enemies to take 'em all out with a stab to the heart or power source. When they get wayyy too close, I pierce them with my sword and use them to knock their comrades down and as a meat or metal shield before finishing them off. I even put away my shield, trusting in the power of my restored armor. Therese shouts: "There's too many to fight separately! We need to coordinate our attacks and work as a team!" Kizuna nods: "Yeah but we need to ensure Naofumi and the others are okay first. Can anyone heal them?" I yell: "Some of my stuff can. Even the burns Melty, Raphtalia, and Filo sustained from hugging Naofumi. But I'll need to get to them first and our foes must be kept off of myself and the 4 of them." Sinon replies: "Don't worry about that. We'll take care of dealing with these enemies while you do that. You know, a bullet is deadly even at close range." Alice nods: "We shall hold them off for as long as we can!"

I get to work: "Air Break Slash! Out of my way, enemies! I gotta get to them and fast!" I slice and dice my way to the 4 who make up Naofumi's party including him of course. I get out some HP bananas and urgently yell: "Eat these bananas! They will heal you of all your injuries!" They for several reasons accept them without saying anything. As a result, they find themselves looking as good as new and feeling a lot better once they eat them. "No time for thanks! We have to work together with everyone as a large team. *resumes slicing the enemy* These enemies are easy to beat alone but there's so many that we'll eventually be overrun if they just keep coming like this with no sign of stopping anytime soon. I'll keep holding them off. You all should focus on planning a group formation based on what you know about all of us. I simply can't afford to strategize myself right now given all these enemies and the state of my left eye." Melty nods: "Don't worry! We'll figure this out! Just keep fighting!" "I shall do so! Haaaaaaaaa!" I focus on the battle in front of me. Enemies go down quickly. "I'm going to kill you! This world belongs to- Gaaaaaaaahhhhh!" "You won't be able to stop- Acccccckkkk!" "Why you-" "Once again, I'm forced to slay countless opponents. This is not what I wanted or signed up for when I was summoned to the Animal Crossing universe." I just keep going and going until Naofumi yells: "I have a plan!" Shouting over the battle, he goes over the formation he has in mind. Glass in the sky above us. Myself, Raphtalia, Rishia, Kirito, Alice, Hearts, and L'Arc in the front and sides. Kizuna, Elrasla, and Therese behind. Naofumi, Filo, and Sinon in the center. Naofumi promised to protect all of us with his shield whenever it was required. In her Filolial form, Filo is much bigger than any of us with mostly white fur and wings(with some pink here and there), her blue eyes, and a crown on her head signifying her status as Filolial Queen Fitoria's successor.