Becoming Real

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 11: Becoming Real

Date: December 9th, 2023

The nightmare them does a rapid series of things that I could clearly see and feel happening but there's no way in hell I could possibly even try writing about them. All I can say that there was nothing any of us could do to stop any of it, it hurt like hell, and we couldn't do any damage to our foe. It only stopped when we employed the strategy I used to eventually beat the Pontifex earlier. The nightmare looks angry as we all begin pushing it back: "How can this be!?! You're nothing! You're all nothing! If you were my employees, I would have disposed of you a long time ago!" I smirk: "Its something really simple to understand. Even someone as egotistical, power hungry, despicable, and foolish as you could wrap your head around it. But am I telling you what it is? No. I personally generally like having the advantage as long as possible when facing foes like you. It's fun to share what the advantage is but safety, victory, and battle prowess comes before that." "Why you!" Its hatred only grows, allowing it to become stronger in the process. Soon, the tables are turned on us. Not even a single one of my thrusts, swings, or slashes were doing anything now. "So you want to raise the game again? Oh but we can just keep doing that ourselves." And so, we just get into the same tug of war cycle as before. "Continuous Shadow Hurricane: 1 Million!" Yeah, that's pretty much how high up things have gotten. It's ridiculous but that's the truth in the end. My attack is nullified as the nightmare grows even stronger than us once again. Eva shouts: "Damn it! No matter what we do, this thing just keeps getting stronger than us!" Batman adds: "We cannot give up or lose focus for even a split second."

Silica shouts: "We will get through this! We always do in the end no matter how tough and scary things get!" The nightmare laughs: "You think you will be able to keep matching my power with your pathetic and sad imaginations?! Allow me to prove you wrong!" It starts invading our very consciousnesses in a bid to take us out that way. But I smirk: "You think that that will work again? We already individually conquered this earlier. Try harder if you want to continue existing." "I'm just warming up! I'm only getting started right now! When I get serious, all of you will have your consciousnesses killed just like that! You are weak! None of you stand a chance against me and never will! The stronger you pretend to be, the more I show what I can really do!" It then starts invading all of us with a lot more effort and force. All I could focus on was the intrusion of them into my consciousness now. "Back off! If you want to fight this way, then I will have to respond in kind! I figured out something earlier! I can counter with my own stuff. You may think you're going to completely crush me. But I have news for you. I can walk while experiencing a significantly excruciating amount of pain. In my original body, I just walked for hours with my leg constantly in pain 2 days in a row, first day the worst. I bore it by ignoring it and pushing through it anyway. That's how it goes in my original body. In my undead body, I have experienced many times more amounts of pain numerous times. I'm already familiar with annoying distractions and other problems. I've endured discomfort for hours, even whole entire days from waking to falling asleep. I'm not going to let you crush my consciousness, thus eventually causing my undead body to rot away. Even I don't know how strong I really am physically or on the inside." I retaliate to the invasion using all kinds of memories and thoughts. My mind gets full of many different thoughts at once as I use my long practiced ability to ignore everything around me almost completely to focus on my own thoughts. This pushes the nightmare out of my consciousness almost completely.

But it still manages to hang on enough to try to annoy me by grabbing my attention over and over much like how a customer at the place I work in my original body would but on a much more annoying scale. I had to resist that as well as my own spatial awareness and curiosity that were drawing me into responding to it. However, I'm even able to tune out something someone sitting right next to me in a car is saying. The forces of the roller coasters of Kings Island rarely get to me. I usually calmly experience them unless it's The Beast or Flight Of Fear we're talking about. In the end, I finish pushing the nightmare out of my mind and rely on my muscle memory as I go into a state that's aware of my surroundings but is focused on my thoughts. I don't usually truly get like this in battle because of all the factors I have to pay attention to but because I already was getting super focused, I am able to get into the state while still fighting. With me in that state, I don't pay much attention to what the others are saying or doing. I just focus on thinking through my counter every single move the nightmare makes. Since I can't ignore it completely for long, I have no choice but to focus on fighting it. One could argue that not only is this the true power of the human consciousness but the body limits the consciousness: not allowing it to be able to fully unleash such a pure state of mind. My sense of touch remains active as I can't fight without it. It's what keeps me aware of my surroundings somewhat. When I can't move the movement of my body parts, bad things can happen if I can't at least look at them. After some time, the nightmare is unable to even touch me as I continue to use my imagination to grow stronger. I even start feeding some of my own past thoughts to fuel my imagined power level. And I mean the thoughts I know very well that I've had in the past: the ones I recall most strongly.