Thanatos and Hypnos

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 17: Thanatos and Hypnos

Date: February 20th, 2024

And so, while most of my comrades quickly finish off the rest of our foes in the Cancer House, allowing Deathmask to finally calm down from a long and desperate rage, I just stand in place to let the shadows come to me. Before leaving, Ishizu told me to do just that so that's what I did. The Cancer House is somehow still standing and due to Deathmask's former collection of skulls that was inside the house before he was killed, there still lingered a faint darkness. That darkness was grown immensely in the fight we were all just involved in. The Millennium Trial and resulting Penalty Game only grew it even further. And now, the shadows that were once connected to me have taken up residence with the pre existing shadows who aren't bound to anyone. I speak: "Shadows of the Shadow Realm, for too long, we have been apart. I willingly accept you back into my very soul. It is time for us to reunite. I never expected to regain you but I know what Ishizu said was right. We just have to be together. We should have never been split apart. Things would be different if I hadn't been the one to give up my old powers during the battle against Gorganan and The Shadow. A lot of time has passed since that day. But now, let us come back together and become whole again. Once again, I openly welcome you back into my soul. I have managed to get a better and better grip on myself. I can control darkness to a certain degree without losing myself now that I've become a dark knight."

I can hear their whispers getting louder. They're coming for me. Soon, we will be reunited. I wait patiently and extend my arms out in opposite directions."Hear me shadows, I ask of you to return to me!" The shadows begin emerging from anywhere shadows are being cast in the Cancer House. The ominous aura of darkness in this place only makes it's easier for them to reach me. After a few more minutes, I begin feeling them entering me and/or embracing me. "I may wield the darkness to a limited extent while staying sane. But my nature isn't truly one of darkness. Nor is it just of an affinity for the wind. Like it or not, I'm too light to be a being of pure darkness. I do what I can to embrace my darkness in order to strengthen my light. I must now find out where I lie in terms of the 3 categories for the shadows: light, balance, and darkness. It isn't darkness but is it light or balance? My personality lies somewhere in chaotic good. My morals aren't of evil. Hmm. I don't know. I'll need someone else to figure that out for me. Oh well. For now, I must get going and worry about relearning shadow magic another time." I teleport to the Leo House: the next one. But what I see makes me stagger: "What the?! Everyone is unconscious and there's no enemies." I hear a laugh. A figure who literally looks like the embodiment of gray scale wearing armor and one hell of a long robe appears before me. It's Thanatos. Next to him is his younger brother Hypnos. Hypnos has golden shoulder length hair and eyes, and black, yellow, and gold armor as well as mostly white robes that still match the armor to some degree.

Thanatos laughs again: "It appears that someone else has foolishly decided to come here. Mortal.. You're among the dead, aren't you? I can see that you haven't been alive for quite some time. How interesting." I reply: "Thanatos. I know I can't stand against you or Hypnos. I don't see a point in trying to fight either of you when that will just lead to my own destruction. Therefore, I will make this simple. I know what you've done. My comrades have all been forced to sleep because of you two. Let them go. Let all of us have a fair crack against the both of you." "Undead mortal, you really are foolish. Look at your comrades again." I do so: "What the?! You've defeated all of them in battle. Your power level.. It's so high.." Thanatos smirks: "Now you see just how outmatched you are. Now surrender peacefully and Hypnos will put you to sleep quickly." "I refuse. Instead, I'm taking some of my comrades and then, I'm going to try waking them up in a safe location far away from here." I try to pick up one of my comrades only for Thanatos to lift me off the ground with ease: "You are as persistent as those humans who destroyed us in the past. Seiya especially. Now that we have our revenge at long last, I grow bored once again. Fight me, human. I will go easy on you so you can provide me with some entertainment. There's no gods out there to bail you and your comrades out anymore." "Again, I refuse. I will not fight you. Nothing I do will be able to defeat you. Or wait.. Maybe there is a way I can win." "Will you accept my challenge?" "You're a god but you have been killed once already. You can be killed again. Let's fight."