Setting A Trap

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 15: Setting A Trap

Date: January 12th, 2024

Soon, some of the villains target those of us on the building I'm standing on. Baby laughs: "All of you are done for! Without those pesky Saiyans to protect you, you stand no chance against me!" This begins a relentless assault on all of us that we didn't exactly see coming. We keep getting pushed back from building to building, barely able to fight back against our foes. "Damn it! This time, we underestimated them! Not the other way around!" As I say this, the building I'm now on begins to be turned to dust by Shigaraki's quirk. Myself and the others got off of it in time but we're quickly running out of buildings to jump onto safely. The sheer destruction that's happening is causing the complete destruction of the entire city of Tokyo. Nothing is safe in the high stakes and incredibly intense raging battle. Some of us have to carry L and the others with us in order to get them from building to building. Not even the Egyptian Gods are able to stand up very well to the villains. Hearts grits his teeth: "Our foes are much tougher than I expected. Even I'm not able to enjoy this fight anymore." Tsunade shouts: "Don't give up! We have to win!" Time passes and the battle just keeps getting worse. Despite my best efforts, I'm not able to do any lasting damage to any of our foes that couldn't be easily dismissed. Things are getting worse every second. Eventually, I reach a point where I shout: "We can't do this without more help! And I can't do any damage! I'm willing to travel the multiverse to find help for us or even break through to the afterlife realms to try to get comrades back!" Fu adjusts his glasses as he blocks an attack by Baby: "Interesting idea. I have considered doing the same thing. It would be an interesting experiment to send out anyone who is not able to have much of an impact in this battle out to gather more reinforcements."

Not long later, it is somehow decided despite the fierceness of battle that some of us should leave the universe to find more help. I end up being one of those. And thus, I try to reach the Mii World afterlife. It takes everything I have as well as nearly all of my Quantum Leap band's power to get there. I retrieved my band once Eggman began his failed attack on all of us back at that tower. Panting heavily while struggling to keep my undead body stable after all of that, I stand before the entrance to Mii World's afterlife. A mystical guardian stands in front of the entrance. They say: "You. How did you die?" "I died months ago. I'm not here to rest peacefully for eternity. I'm going to get straight to the point. I'm undead. I'm Swiftdrawer. And I'm here to get my fallen friends and comrades back." "One moment, please." The guardian goes inside the afterlife realm for some reason. Abstractoa then appears next to me: "I see you made it here in one piece. That was very close. You wouldn't have made it here if it weren't for the rippling effects of every single recent battle and dimensional incident. They opened a small hole into the afterlife realms above Mii World. It was one of many small openings made. You were able to try to get here at the right time. Any longer and your body and soul would have been shredded." "What?! I got lucky? I mean, I already knew it's very difficult to get to most afterlife realms without dying but still.." "Do not worry. I am here to aid you as much as needed but this is something you must try to do yourself. It's true gods like me are omnipotent and far more powerful than anyone else. However, gods have a responsibility to allow mortals and others to have autonomy. If a god creates a universe and is intent on controlling and manipulating all who end up living in it, that means they believe themselves to be the only rightful ruler of the people of their universe."

"I feel the same way even as a dead mortal living in their own corpse. I do not know whether the god worshipped in Judaism, Islam, and Christianity has any bearing over my universe or not. The interpretations differ. Some people believe you must worship god unless you want to be sent to hell. When I was Catholic, for the last portion of my life where I was Catholic, I was only that way because I was afraid of what would happen if I weren't as well as external pressures from mostly my mom. That's not any way to live. To worship a god out of fear? That's just wrong. Why should a god be allowed to impose their will on everyone? Wouldn't it be more interesting if they let living creatures think and act independently anyway?" The mystical guardian comes back: "I cannot permit you to enter, Swiftdrawer. You do not belong here." "So what?! My friends and comrades die unnaturally due to Kira's Death Note and yet you won't allow me to come in to get them back? Not even let me prove myself in a series of tests?" "Those are the rules." "Your rules are crap and too strict. Listen to me, I am a knight. I have saved so many lives alongside my dear friends and comrades. You will let me in. After all, I won't leave until I can get in and bring the souls of my fallen friends and comrades with me." "Very well. I'll allow you to pass on one condition. You will face the same trials those from Mii World who perish do when they die. You will be judged through these trials. Your trials will be dependent on your class. As you are a knight, you will face more difficult challenges than you would otherwise. If you are unworthy, you will be cast into the void. Abstractoa has come to help you but still, their influence is not applicable here. Nor is Mii World's Guardian's. Guardian deals with the world itself, not its afterlife." "I accept your terms. What do I have to do?" And so, a long series of painful trials soon begin. I had to do the following: beat an incarnation of evil, endure excruciating circumstances within a time limit, and other things I can't recall at the moment.