Hopeless & Crushed

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 20: Hopeless & Crushed

Date: March 19th, 2024

We start running in pursuit of Exodia Necros. Sinon shouts: "We're getting closer and closer!" Just as she says that, some villains leap in front of us to stand in our way. Some of them are members of the Legion of Doom. Grodd smirks: "Are you surprised to see me here?! I made my escape from Gotham before any of those gods could defeat me. I can't hurt Batman here as he's still in Gotham but there's still some other members of the Justice League here in this city. I intend to make them pay for everything they've done against villains like me. Additionally, my plan to turn all humans into apes will not be opposed. You can't stop it! It's already too late! What's necessary to make it succeed is already in effect! Foolish BRAINS Collective members, you will soon fall to the power of the Legion of Doom! My intellect far surpasses that of any of you! It's hopeless. But you're welcome to try to stop me. We don't fear the number of you there are at all. You simply will not win no matter how many of you there are and what you attempt to do in order to win." Cyborg replies: "We'll show you what's hopeless!" Robin nods and shouts: "Titans, go!" Heathcliff speaks to the rest of us: "None of you have need to be told to attack. Just do what must be done to defeat these enemies and get past them in order to fight that giant creature of darkness." And so, we join in on what turns into a brawl very quickly. At first, things go well for our side. However, Grodd laughs: "Oh, you think you've won?! Think again! Allow me to show you just how outmatched you really are! Reveal yourselves, friends!" I'm not surprised as more of them show up.

There's all the classics. Bizzaro. Sinestro. Star Sapphire. Copperhead. You name it. But there's also some unexpected additions including villains from other worlds. Frieza laughs: "Oh how wonderful! This is like the best party ever in which pathetic monkeys and worthless heroes all fall at our hands! I'm going to enjoy this very much!" At that moment, seeing all of these villains together made me think of all the problems that have been created in this universe. There are so many. That's clearly designed to mess with our heads and make it much harder to win this whole battle in the end. Why else would they do all of this in one world? And now, I think of Covid. The hospitals worldwide are being destroyed or overflowed with patients. Some villains are apparently intentionally spreading it and conning people into helping them do such a thing. As a result, Covid really is spreading like wildfire. I shout: "Damn it! Every single person on this planet is in danger of being infected with Covid and we have to deal with all of these villains instead.. This is really bad. The hospitals in this city are probably completely overflowed with patients right now and there isn't a thing we can do to try to help them right now." Grodd overhears me and smirks: "Hospitals full of patients you say?! Follow me if you don't want the nearest hospital to be destroyed in an instant!" He is baiting me into following him because I dared to care about people coming down with Covid. Grodd wants me to make a difficult choice but I choose option c, teleporting straight to the nearest hospital with Quantum Leap.

Once there, I shout: "Don't be alarmed about my appearance. Yes, you can consider me a hero just like your resident Teen Titans. Now please listen carefully. A villain is on the way to this hospital. Please do what you can to calmly get to most optimal locations in this building. Use the basement if there's one. But be careful, the spread of disease here is so incredibly high right now so do your best to spread out. I will keep the villain busy at least until you're all safer. Now then, I will vanish from your sight as I confront this villain before he has a chance to get inside." I use Instant Transmission to get to Grodd who almost managed to reach the hospital. He's stunned for a moment only to laugh in amusement: "How interesting. You must have the Instant Transmission technique. This is going to be very entertaining. I'm going to still go into that hospital and destroy it. You will not stop me unless you can somehow defeat me. But your mind is no match for mine so that won't be happening, will it, human?" "Grodd. I will stop you and FYI, I'm a zombie right now. Not a living human being. Not in this body anyway." "You're a zombie? Now that's a new one. If that is true, then I must completely destroy you. After all, I do not believe a zombie would be affected by my plan to turn all humans into apes." "Oh but it is. Go ahead. Try to kill me." "If you insist, that's exactly what I'll do and you won't enjoy it." He starts firing a gun in one hand while attacking me with another.