Shifting Tides: Death of Charles

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 5: Shifting Tides: Death of Charles

Date: October 3rd, 2023

Goofy replies: "We'll see about that! I'm going to destroy you!" His original personality is gone. On another note, it's dark out here which means I must have been unconscious for quite a while earlier today. Anyway, Goofy and I clash with our main weapons. "I won't lose control of myself again! Haaaaaaa! Take this! Now that I am a dark knight, I can do a few more things than before! Piercing Darkness!" My attack has no effect. Instead, he counters with several high speed hammer swings that manage to grind off microscopic pieces of my armor. "Damn. If this keeps up, my armor will eventually break enough to open a wide opening to my body for you. I can't allow that to happen! Continuous Great Infernal Tornado Slash: 47! Just lay down your hammer and listen to me, Goofy!" "No can do!" My attack sends him flying and deals some damage. As he falls, he surprisingly does his iconic holler. That almost caught me off guard but I remained on guard. Once he finishes falling, he gets back up, dusts himself off, and moves at insane speed towards me while holding his hammer high the entire time. Once he gets to me, he hits me again before I could even swing with Graceful Protector. Several chunks of my armor fall off. "I'm not going to give in even as you destroy my armor, Goofy! I never saw this coming but this doesn't mean I will give up! I may be weak but I have the strength to at least take you on!" "I will destroy you! Gawrsh, you really got me back there but now, I'm going to win for sure!" I find it somewhat difficult to fight his hammer with my sword. But since my sword is far better quality metal wise than his hammer, I do manage to land several hits on him as well as his hammer. "No matter what you look like, I refuse to give up. I'm done running from fights I can't win. I must keep fighting even if I'm outmatched. My duty is to protect this multiverse and the innocent. This is it, come at me!"

"You're going to regret this! You'll see!" But his hammer is unable to make contact with my armor again because I really start taking our fight seriously. "Enhance Armament!" My sword transforms to have pink energy surrounding it as its strength increases greatly. "Gawrsh! You're going to be much harder to defeat than I expected! But my hammer will destroy you!" "I can't keep this up for long so I'm just going to do it until I destroy your hammer! Haaaaaa! Continuous Great Infernal Tornado Slash: 30!" I put all of my effort into breaking Goofy's hammer. I even put my back into it while also performing kicks to keep him back. At one point, I manage to hit him in the crotch as he finds out his hammer can't do much of anything to my cherished sword. Now that's he off guard, I shout as I perform several of my sword attacks: "Get ready! Drawing Devastation! Wind Break Slash! Air Slice Slash! You're losing because of the differences in our gear! I have no doubt that if my armor were damaged enough, you'd be able to defeat and destroy me! But since that isn't the case, I'm going to take out your hammer for good!" Goofy gets angry and starts channeling Barian power into his hammer, causing it to increase in size and durability. He starts pushing me back with it but I use my metal boots to stand my ground. "You won't beat me! I made sure that 2 of my biggest weaknesses are no longer in play in battle! My cape is beneath my armor as is the tabard like cloth that normally hangs from my waist. If you really want to hurt me, the only other big weakness is the area around my eyes and the eyes themselves. Why do I tell you this? Because I don't plan on losing!" I unclip my sword's scabbard and hit him with it before dropping it for now. I'll grab it later. This gives me an opening to get closer with my sword and force him back. Goofy tries to get my eyes with his hammer after performing a wild set of acrobatics. But I was expecting that.

I told him about the weakness in hopes he would try to exploit it. I performed a high force sword thrust against the handle of his hammer and ducked my head to avoid being hit. A crack formed in his hammer. But our fight wasn't over. Far from it. We continued to stand our grounds against each other, not allowing ourselves to fall to the other. We were giving very few openings to exploit as our weapons continued to collide over and over again. We moved around as we fought, causing us to eventually become so blind to our surroundings that we kind of end up making a hole in the exterior of Ashford Academy and find ourselves fighting inside the beautiful European style building. The screams of students alerted me to our surroundings. "Damn it! We're putting innocents in danger! This place is going to need a lot of work when this is over. Goofy, one of us is going to gain the upper hand at some point and that will decide who wins and who loses!" "I will destroy you! I'm going to win and you're going to lose!" I activate Artist's Eye and conjure something small as that's all I can do at this moment. That something was a Bop It Game. When it hit the ground, it started playing its audio. "I just thought of it randomly and now, it's here! I can ignore it but can you?" To prove my point, I focus solely on our fight while Goofy's original nature can't help but compel him to notice the Bop It Game. He looks over. That allows me to duck and roll below him. I turn around as he gets confused about where I am now. He sees me out of the corner of his eye but it was too late. I stab him in the gut before leaping into the air and directing an attack at him from above that I began as soon as I removed my sword from his gut. "Air Slice Slash!" He is knocked to the ground and is forced to let go of his hammer in order to get himself back up. Now on the ground, I effortlessly pick up the hammer with my non dominant left hand and throw it into a nearby window.