Chaos In Gotham City

The Ultimate Interdimensional War

Chapter 19: Chaos In Gotham City

Date: March 19th, 2024

So.. Where am I now? You may be asking in your thoughts. Simple. Gotham City. We got ourselves a problem. No, more like several problems at once. Let's see. The Justice Lords. Living and revived Legion of Doom members. An intentional widespread surge of Covid. The Joker. The Royal Flush Gang. Batman Beyond's foes. Don Thousand's forces. Alternate worlds and timelines jangling up. In other words, chaos, evil, and destruction. I sigh as I look around: "I literally just got here and half the city's already gone. I read up on the situation before coming here but if this is any indication, things are really bad right now. No wonder the Justice League said their situation was far more than they could handle. Before now, most invasions of this world were handled by the Justice League alone. However, that's not the case this time. Even with substantial upgrades to their stuff thanks to BRAINS and training designed to actually increase their strength.. Half of Gotham's already gone just like that. It's been some time since we finally convinced the likes of Superman to actually train. He's literally like a fusion of Goku and Frieza, exhibiting different traits and memories that those two have. Has basically always been extremely powerful like Frieza. Is kind like Goku. And so on. The Justice League members did train in the past. However, it wasn't sufficient and for a time, the core members got mad at each other and Green Lantern had them run through a training simulation. They sort of failed." Yes, that's right. This is the world of Justice League or more precisely, the DC Comics Animated Universe. The DC multiverse is vast to say the least but this is the world that's most in danger of the worlds in it. The Justice League was founded by Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl after aliens invaded Earth and almost destroyed humanity after sending some of their forces years ahead to Earth from Mars where they were trapped by a Martian nerve agent for hundreds of years.

They were invaders from a very far off world. Advanced technology. Intelligent. Stole the shapeshifting powers of the Martian people. The Martian Manhunter(J'onn) is the last of his kind. And to think, it was US astronauts who caused all of that. They released those damn invaders by accident and one of them impersonated the astronaut who died last in the end. As time went on, they faced many threats together. Hawkgirl's homeworld of Thanagar took over Earth and placed it under martial law after using manipulation to get the people(heroes included) of Earth to obey and help them. They wanted to build a Hyperspace Pass in order to engage their enemies in a battle far away. They even sent a ship from their enemies with dead occupants to Earth and used that in order to claim they wanted to protect Earth. That pass would have destroyed Earth. Hawkgirl eventually was turned against them and they ultimately were defeated. Some time later, the League has expanded to include a whole roster of heroes just in time for non sentient multiplying robots that consume matter to replicate to invade Earth. They are known as the Dark Heart. Brainiac later used them to transform his merged form with Lex Luthor to look more like him and grant them more power. The League is headquartered in two places. Metro Tower in Metropolis and the Watchtower. The Watchtower was actually not the first of its kind. The original was destroyed by being sent out of orbit manually by Batman to help stop the Thanagarians from completing the device they needed for their Hyperspace Pass. The new one is bigger and better by miles. Metro Tower came into use after a US government secret agency known as Project Cadmus was used by Lex Luthor to frame the Justice League.

The Watchtower had a big space laser. Lex Luthor had it hacked to fire on an abandoned Cadmus facility and the League had little choice but to take responsibility until the truth was found. Cadmus was also used by the supervillain to get technology and crush Superman in particular. In the timeline of the Justice Lords, he became the president of the US, was killed by Superman in office, and Flash died before that happened. That was the recipe needed for the Justice League to become the Justice Lords to rule the world and stop crimes from happening with fascist like force. Cadmus was established due to the US government's paranoia that the League was getting too powerful. Funny because the US in many timelines has thousands of nuclear missiles and plenty of money to solve most of the world's problems it is largely responsible for but doesn't choose to. That's the gist. I walk around, using my Ki to look for any signs of life. It doesn't take long for me to be joined by other comrades. Batman uses his tools to make it to the ground safely while being chased by Gorilla Grodd. Shining Armor appears on his pegasus. He is an immortal knight who served King Arthur in this timeline. His body armor is golden with a red and black crest on it. Below his simple helmet, he has blonde hair and a youthful appearance. Chronos speaks while activating his duel vest: "Well, this should be something. I'm ready for anything! I summon my Ancient Gear Golems along with my Ancient Gear Soldier! Go, my Ancient Gears, crush any foes you find!"