Thankful for Discipline

As a father who takes delight in his son, You find delight in those who fear You. For You are a great Father. Better than any human man.

A father who loves his child, must discipline him. You discipline those You love. You do it because You care for us.

Your rod of discipline builds us into being more in Your image: Holy and faithful. Because of the discipline You give, it builds character.

Kids dislike discipline from their mortal fathers, for it is unpleasant. But it's for the child's own good. And it may hurt us when You discipline, Lord, but we know You do it for our benefit.

I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for Your discipline. I'd be lost, confused and living a dangerous life. But with You, I live in peace and joy. I've grown because of the rod You've placed on me

What I may have cried about during the times of discipline, I shout about now. I shout out Your praise. I couldn't understand why discipline was falling on me, but afterwards, I stand in awe of the change that happened within me.

You work in amazing ways, Lord. And the glory goes to You. I can't take credit for the positive changes that happened to me. Nor the positive habits in my life. They all go to You, because of the discipline You gave me.

Thank You, Lord, for not withholding punishment from me. Thank You for not holding back on discipling me. Thank You for helping me grow and teaching me how to seek You and to leave earthly things behind.

You are a perfect Father who loves me. I thank You that You love me enough to perfectly discipline me. Without it, I'd be a lost sheep. But I'm not. Not with You. So, thank You