A Cry to God

Lord, I come before You ashamed. The confidence I once had has been disintegrated. The strength I had left me feeling like dust.

The unmoving faith I once had was unjustly credited to myself. I grew cocky and clapped myself on the back for the growth made. I failed to deny myself and thank You and You only for the good You worked in me.

A change in my living situation brought the worst out in me. Temptations of the world won me over and brought me farther from my God, my peace and my reason for living.

Fool's gold started to replace the real gold that blessed me daily.

I realized I was weak without You. Without You as my God, I had absolutely no power. No strength, no confidence, no reason to be.

I pray that if You've any love left for me despite my despicable actions, You save me from myself.

If You've any love for me left at all, pull me away from satan and draw me closer to You.

If You've any love for me at all, forgive me and have mercy on me.

If You have any love for me left, please lead me and guide me back to Your strength.

Hear my cry, lean Your ear my way, Lord. Don't be angry with me forever.

For Your own glory only, don't let the good You started in me waste away. Don't let the work You've done in me be in vain.

Finish what You started, I beg You.