The Love I Want

We focus on the wrong kind of love. We want someone to love us unconditionally. To accept our past. To know us fully. To be there for us. To do acts of kindness for us. To spend time with someone. To grow alongside someone. To experience life with. To talk for hours with.

We seek this so badly from flesh, when we have it right in front of us. With the Most High God. He loves us deeply. He accepts us despite our horrid sins against Him. He knows our deepest secrets, the ones we can't say aloud. He knows our heart's desire and our every thought.

He is always there for us. He never forsakes me. He is too faithful for that. He is beyond kind to us. He gives us gifts, and miracles and the desires of our hearts because it pleases Him so.

He is always free, giving us His full attention. He is always there to spend time with. Always there to talk to. He helps us to grow and pushes us to be better. He is there for us to experience. He helps us through every trial and tribulation. He is there for every good moment. Every joy, every tear- it doesn't go unnoticed.

Why do I get caught up in having feelings for someone? It's not like I mean to. I have feelings for them and it's only normal to think about them. And after all, I recognize I'm not ready nor mature in any aspects to date. I have every intention of putting God first.

But relationships with people are hard. I'd rather grow an outstanding love with God before any human. I'd rather experience what TRUE LOVE is before I even consider being in a romantic relationship.

The love I want is God's. The one relationship I want to focus on is God's. His is the love I want because there is none greater. His love is the purest and kindest and wonderous of all. His is perfect.

Now, I know marriage is a gift from God. God has blessed relationships. But I want to indulge and get every experience I can in growing this most important relationship first.

His love is the love I want right now. For always.