My Testimony

I knew You were there for as long as I can remember. I didn't know much more than that. But I did know that You listened to me and that I could rely on Your protection.

On stormy days, I would pray with my grandmother. I would want the scary thunder to stop and the pouring rain to cease. My grandmother would help me pray what I wanted, but she thought of the people who would gain from the storm; she'd pray for the farmers.

She prayed and talked to me about You, to the point where I could be with You on my own. Like the time I pretended Jesus was with me, hand in hand, while I walked the stairs and halls of my elementary school.

I as an innocent kid, a kid who later grew up. The presence I felt as a kid, I rejected. I called myself a Christian and a child of God. I believed in You, but I didn't let my actions or my words prove it.

In middle school, I started to venture out and hang with the wrong crowd. I started to get out of my comfort zone, in a poor way. By the time I got to high school, I became worse. I swore much and was angry often. I had drowned in sin.

But one night, I cried out to You. I wanted a clean slate. To fully repent. Not to say "sorry" and move on like previous times. No, I was serious. I bowed to You as tears fell. I felt a weight leave me. I felt a sudden urge to stop crying, so I did. I thanked You and with Your help, made the change.

And now, I have seen the change and works You've preformed in my life. I have seen my faith and love in You grow. The positive habits I have are because of You. My kinder words and actions are because of You. I know I have more to learn and more I have to be, according to Your purpose. But, right now, I'm just glad You had mercy on me.

Thank You, Lord, for helping me out and picking me up at my weakest and turning me into a stronger woman of God