A Little Prayer

My Lord, anger filled me today. Pent up stresses were beginning to shine through instead of patience and Your love. I even spoke against You and for that I'm sorry.

Coming out of my mouth, it felt wrong.
The Holy Spirit was quick to call me out. Just as Christians hate when they sin the closer we get to You, I felt sorry as soon as I said it.

I got angry at You, even though it wasn't Your fault. But I owe You my thanks.

You kept me from breaking a rule at work.

I didn't understand.

I mean, others do it, and get away with it.

Why can't I join in and enjoy it?

But Your glorious Holy Spirit set it straight. If I can't follow a small and simple rule at work, how can I follow Your perfect and great commands?

The Holy Spirit reminded me of something in the Bible.

Those who can be trusted with a little, can be trusted with much.

And I want You to trust me.

To choose You.

To obey You.

To trust in Your Name.

That means more to me than having momentary pleasures. Or even being looked at as a goody two-shoes. Or "too strict"

I'm sorry I fought with You today.

Thank You, also, for providing me with an opportunity to choose You over money. Time with You is more important. Prioritizing You is more important.

You're my only Master.

I feel Your discipline working in me, Lord. I just pray that You continue to show me patience and mercy when I mess up.

I also feel the flesh attacking, wanting me to give in. But I must learn the habit of denying it, for Your sake.

Help me to fight for the right seasons, Lord. Not to seek rewards or benefits, but to do it for the sake of doing the right thing. Because I owe it to You. Because I love You and Your commands.

Help me fight the temptations of the flesh and the evil works of the devil. I have hope for the works You'll preform in me.

Be with me, Lord. Stay with me as You refine me. Discipline me out of Your love, God. Out of Your great pleasure to do so. Not in anger. Don't count me along with the wicked, Lord.

In Jesus Name, Amen.