A Revelation

It seems I must start again, must renew our relationship.

I sit outside, enjoying the time with You. I'm enjoying the fresh air, the wind blowing on me. The green color of the grass and the leaves on the trees. A blue sky nearly hidden by white and grey clouds.

I feel peace.

I've always felt wonderful in Your nature. It always seemed to sober me up. It teaches me what really matters. And the obsessions I might have don't matter.

And even now, listening to Christian music, I feel You're revealing Yourself in different ways. But the motivation I once had inside me is lacking.

The ideas I longed to complete to glorify Your Name.

The people I want to help.

The things I wanted to do to grow closer to You, it all feels like a distant memory. A memory I long to bring into my current reality.

It's been so long since I've had a moment to slow down and be in Your presence outside.

My soul needs it.

It needed You. I need refreshing.

I feel that I've become numb in a way; succumbing to the world, if even for a little while.

I know You care for me.

You've given me chance after chance.

But I still have hope in Your Name. In who You are.

Being in the moment like this, it helps me see that I can gain that zeal back.

It was my fault for taking my eyes off You. So I must readjust my focus back on where it belongs- on You, my God. My Father. The Savior of the world.

I feel Your love and light at this revelation. You are good. I know I am not alone. You will help me.

But I know I must do my part, I must repair the reverence for You that I let break.

The Christ-like character that You built in me; I let myself backslide.

But I'm still on the path. I may have fallen back, but I'm not done. I'm not going to give up. You're worth it. You're worth it all.

You help me not to fall when I may slip. Your righteous hand holds me up, as promised.

Instead of holding onto the mistakes and sins against You, I'll use them as a testimony to glorify You. To show people who have the same struggles that You can save them. That they, through Your strength, can overcome.

I'll make the darkness turn into a light, because You make it so. You turn what the enemy meant for evil, to be used for good.

Restore me, Lord.

My great God.

My inspiration.

Poem after poem, I will write, for Your pleasure.

You're mine, always.

And I'm Yours.