God's Power

God, You've done so much for me and my family. Broke so many chains and answered so many prayers.

You've helped us from going homeless, when we could have been countless times.

You've helped my family stick together, despite the fights, tears threats and screaming matches.

You've helped me come to You and realize I am called. You've made me realize You've always been there, even if I didn't know it. You were always there, now that I look back.

You've always been true to Your promises, even before I knew them.

You've broken the biggest chain I never thought I'd break, and continue to show me that you'll keep breaking them. Even now, I feel the hope that I'll be set free.

Because You hold victory over all. Through the blood of Jesus, I have redemption. I have forgiveness.

Like Paul said, I must forget my past and strain towards the future. I must run the race You called me to. I must finish it, so I can stand before You unashamed.

You're so good, Lord. You inspire me with Your goodness, and fill my heart with hope and make me want to change for the better- to glorify Your Name.

Anything good about me is from You.

You continue to teach me, guide me and discipline me into becoming who I must be. I want to grow in You. To become strong and unbreakable. Unafraid of everything. I only want You. I want to leave the world behind and I know that involves sacrifices. But I'm willing to make them for You.

Your power allows me to. I have strength in Your Name. I have authority and power in Your Name. Help me, Lord. Cleanse me, so I may be before You, unashamed and unmoved