Overwhelming Presence

I've never been in a position where I've cried from the overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit. Not that I've cried much anyway. I've spent so long conditioning myself not to cry in front of others.

But today....

Today was amazing.

Fellowship was fantastic and a wonderful night. It lasted almost five hours. We laid hands on everyone who wanted to be prayed for, at the end. They were also annointed with oil. The whole thing must've been at least an hour.

This one young man was prayed for, to let go of worldly things, worldly hurts. For him to grow in Christ. It was clear the prayers came deep from ours hearts. Many people spoke their own prayers out loud, all at once. Some spoke in tongues.

I've never felt anything like it. I felt His presence and tears came rolling down my cheek. My shoulders shook as I let out breathy cries.

I'll never forget that. It was a wonderful feeling to feel such a sign from God, letting us know He was there and that He heard us.

During prayer last week, I felt the joy of the Spirit, but this was different. More intense. More heartfelt and focused on specific people and their weaknesses.

I then confessed mine and teared at the kind words spoken.

Then tonight, while in worship, singing songs to God, I cried. From the overwhelming love I had for the Father. For the thankfulness of what He has done for me. For Him loving me. For the overwhelming presence of His spirit within me.

I've never felt so on fire and Holy Spirit filled than I have tonight.

Thank You, God. Thank You for breaking down my walls. For allowing me to finally let down my guard and cry in front of others. To cry from strong emotions You give me. Thank You for loving me and being so so good to me. Thank You for bringing me into this group and having fellowship. Thank You for listening to our prayers.

You are Most Holy and the One True King. You're my Savior. Thank you for hearing the voices of those who gather in Your Name. Those who love You, have a hunger for righteousness and want to edify one another.

Thank You for allowing me to feel overwhelmed in the most joyous way, by Your presence.

The magnificent Holy Spirit