Part 1 : Right to brother's love

"Bhaiya, aap Kahan ja rhe ho?"

Arnav walked away without a reply.

"Bhaiya?" Ayaansh shouted behind him but Arnav continued walking away from him, in the darkness lying beyond.

"Bhaiya!"

"Bhaiya!"

"BHAIYA!!!"

Ayaansh woke up startled, sweating profusely, shaking and his heart pounding with the adrenaline rush inside his chest. He looked around frantically and panicked when he found the same darkness around him.

Aniket rushed inside his room and was shocked to see him in that condition. He immediately took Ayaansh in his arms.

The touch agitated Ayaansh. He flinched back.

"Bhaiya chahiye..." He mumbled in between his sobs. "Bhaiya.."

Aniket tensed. He turned around when Arnav rushed in. Arnav saw Ayaansh and he knew what was happening. He quickly stepped in and pulled Ayaansh in his embrace. He was grateful Aryan had fallen asleep in his room that night. He wouldn't have taken the scene well.

Ayaansh jerked him away. "Bhaiya chahiye mujhe.."

"Mai hi hoon, bachcha! Tere paas hi hoon, dekh? Shh.." Arnav held him firmly, against his protest and rubbed his back to break his trance.

"Bhaiya chale gye...woh mujhe chhod ke chale gye.. He left me alone.." Ayaansh struggled in his arms untill his breath started getting hitched and Arnav made him look at him forcefully. "Mai hoon, Ayu. I'm right here and I'll never leave you!"

It took a second for Ayaansh to sink in that he was in Arnav's arms. He hugged Arnav tightly and gulped back his tears.

"Shh, yahin hoon mai, bachcha. Kahan jaunga tujhe chhod ke? Bas kar.." Arnav drew soothing circles on his back.

A terrified Ayaansh held onto Arnav for his life. Arnav held him protectively, swallowing the pain he felt in his chest. He leaned back on the bed post. His body was still weak to hold so much weight.

After some time, Ayaansh's breathing got back to normal. Arnav's heartbeats calmed him down, as always! He pulled back when Aniket offered him a glass of water.

"Thik hai, bachcha?" Arnav asked as he wiped away the sweat from his face gently.

Ayaansh nodded and looked at his brothers. Worry was etched all across their features. "Sorry, maine jaga diya na aap dono ko?"

"Don't talk rubbish, Ayu." Arnav shrugged it away. "Jyada mat soch aur chal so ja abhi."

Ayaansh gulped and leaned into Arnav more. His heart was still racing with fear.

Aniket tensed. "Bhaiya, mai ruk jata hoon. Aap jaiye..."

Arnav saw the way Ayaansh was gripping him. He shook his head at Aniket. "Tu ja, Ani. Mai iske saath so jata hoon."

Relieved to hear that, Ayaansh let himself relax in Arnav's embrace. Arnav ignored the pain that shot up in his arm and wrapped it around Ayaansh to comfort him. He could always feel his siblings' emotions. He knew Ayaansh wanted to feel his presence.

Aniket tensed seeing the pain on Arnav's face before he quickly masked it up. He wanted to protest but decided against it. He could understand Ayaansh's state. He needed the assurances that only Arnav could give. He had been through innumerable nightmares to know how it felt like. And just like Ayaansh, he, too, wanted Arnav beside him every time he woke up from the scare.

Quietly getting up, he placed some pillows behind Arnav's back and below his arm to make him comfortable. Arnav sighed and gave him a grateful look. Aniket caressed Ayaansh's face once and left them alone.