Part 17 : Their angel

"Mujhe nhi khaana!"

Arnav glared at him.

Ayaansh gulped but didn't change his stance.

The next moment, Aniket whacked him unceremoniously. Ayaansh glared at him. Aniket glared back. The boy just didn't know when to shut up his unruly mouth, which Aniket didn't even know his brother owned. He was cribbing on every little thing since the moment he had woken up. Arnav's patience was on the brink now.

"Teri medicine ka time ho rha hai. Shut up and eat, Ayu." Arnav reprimanded.

Ayaansh shook his head stubbornly. "Mujhe nhi pina yeh colourless fluid like substance.." He shut up when Aniket whacked him again.

"I thought you were a commerce student, kiddo. Yeh science class kyu revise kar rha hai?" Aniket said drily.

Aryan giggled.

"Kya hai aapka, Bhaiyu?" Ayaansh said annoyed as he glared at Aryan. "Kyun Bhaiya ke tarah Hitler ban rhe ho?"

"Meri tarah?" Arnav interrupted.

Ayaansh bit his tongue. He had completely sidelined his Bhaiya's presence while saying that.

"Ayaansh,"

"Bhaiya," Ayaansh gave him a sheepish look. "Mai toh mazak kar rha tha.."

Arnav raised his eyebrows. Ayaansh looked down immediately.

"I've a meeting, bachcha. Please, kha le," Arnav gave in and gentled his voice.

Ayaansh had the audacity to shook his head like a stubborn child. Aniket and Aryan looked at each other with amused smiles. The boy was surprising them since the moment he had woken up.

"Ayaansh Singhania," Arnav hissed. "don't force me to whack you into listening."

"Aap maaroge, Bhaiya? Woh bhi jab mai bimaar hoon?" Ayaansh looked at him with his own, mischief filled eyes.

Even the feigned innocence felt so heartwarming to Arnav, that he felt himself falling for them.

"I'll make noodles for you after coming back," Arnav surrendered. "Abhi kha le,"

Ayaansh shook his head again.

"Ab kya hua?" Arnav glared at him.

"Aap mat jao office," Ayaansh murmured.

Arnav was taken aback. He was used to hearing that from Aryan but Ayaansh never made such demands. Coming from Ayaansh, it was both surprising and heartwarming.

"Ritvik Bhai aa rhe hai," Ayaansh tugged at his hand. "I want you to be here, Bhaiya."

Arnav was in dilemma. The meeting was important but he didn't have the heart to say no to Ayaansh when he was asking so hopefully.

"Ayu, Ritvik will offer you only the best advice. Aur tere Bhaiyu rahenge tere saath, bachcha. He has stayed back home for you.."

"Haan toh maine kab kaha Bhaiyu nhi rahenge?" Ayaansh frowned. He wanted both his brothers. "Mujhe Bhaiyu aur aap dono chahiye!"

Aniket and Arnav looked at each other. These words were definitely not new to their ears.

Ayaansh nudged Arnav again. "Please, Bhaiya, mat jao na. I want you here.."

"Okay, nhi jaunga." Arnav surrendered. He couldn't bring himself to refuse.

Ayaansh had a dazzling smile on his face. He hugged Arnav tightly. "You're the best, Bhaiya!"

Arnav had to hold the side table for support. He reached out to ruffle his little brother's hair. "Chal, bohot hui teri nautanki. Aru ke saath tu bhi uske tareeke seekh gya hai, kyun?"