Part 26

When Aniket opened his eyes, he found himself in a very familiar place. His eyes filled with dread as his vision cleared. He could visualise their past. Pain flashed across his eyes. Every night they spent without food, every morning they woke up with scars on their bodies, every moment they spent being tortured—everything mercilessly came down in front of him.

"How are you feeling, Aniket?"

Aniket lifted his gaze. The mere presence of that person triggered anger inside him.

"So it is again you?" He kept his voice calm despite the loud thunder inside him.

"The same attitude, I see?" Mittal smirked.

"Nothing is same, Mittal. Trust me, by the time you realise this, it will be too late for you."

The attitude irked Mittal. Aniket wasn't supposed to throw that attitude on his face. He wanted to see Aniket begging, the same way he had seen him ten years back.

"Bhulo mat tum Kahan ho, Aniket. This is my den. I can close this chapter this instant."

Aniket gave a humourous smile. "Why don't you do just that?"

"Because that's no fun. Abhi toh kitne raaz khulne baaki hai. Arnav ki zindagi ki chabhi aakhir mere haathon me jo hai..."

Aniket's eyes hardened. "Where is our brother, Mittal?"

"Our brother?" Mittal snickered.

"Do we know him?" Aniket asked, ignoring his taunt. If the person was indeed under Mittal's hell all these years, there was a possibility that he and Arnav would recognise him as one of them.

"You very well do!" Mittal smirked.

Aniket's expression didn't give away the fear he felt in his bones. He remembered everyone vividly. If Mittal was saying the truth, that would hurt Arnav to no extent.

"Kya hua? Yaad nhi aa rha kuch?" Mittal's low voice pulled Aniket out of his thoughts. "Kaho toh yaad dilau?"

The earnest tone of Mittal's words told Aniket he wasn't going to like whatever was to come. And the next moment, he was proven right as Mittal took out a cane and caressed it with an evil smirk on his face. Aniket's eyes, instead of pain or fear, filled with uncouth rage. The person was still thinking him of a fifteen year old child whom he could play easily. It was time he showed him who Aniket Singhania was.

"Want to meet your old friend, Aniket?" Mittal swung the cane in air.

Aniket calmly stood up and dusted off his clothes before meeting Mittal's gaze. Mittal was taken aback to see the smile. He was expecting to see reflexes of intense pain, but Aniket's expressions were unreadable.

"A lawyer's weapon is his words, Mittal." Aniket's voice deepened. "The canes are used by cowards."

Mittal grunted his teeth. The man had the audacity to stand in his den and give him sass. That was not what Devraj Mittal would take. He would make sure he reminded the so called lawyer that he was nothing but a mere lamb in front of him.

"Bhulo mat kahan khade ho, Aniket. One signal and my people would chop you off."

Aniket chuckled. "Let's try that, shall we?"

Mittal saw red. He raised his one hand and gave a signal to his men. A few of them instantly, as per the instructions, marched towards Aniket with full force. One of them attacked Aniket with an axe.

"Let's begin!" Aniket rolled up his sleeves for the effects.

All Aniket did was to use his hand reflexes. The man didn't move his legs even an inch and not a finger was laid on Aniket Singhania. Mittal stood baffled as Aniket twisted hands and heads with effortless expertise. His eyes almost popped out when he saw Aniket breaking the axe simply with his bare hands. He had no clue who the man was. The Aniket he knew feared him enough to put an end to his life than being in his presence. And the man in front of him had layers of his own.