Part 21 : A brother's love

"Nhi ho rha, Bhaiyu!" Ayaansh said, his voice filled with disappointment.

"Try it again, Ayu." Aniket insisted. "Aise har baar disappoint ho kar ruk jayega toh kaise chalega? You need to keep trying."

Ayaansh looked at him sadly.

Aniket sighed. He hated to see such dullness in his younger brother's eyes. He understood his agitation. Not getting any tune perfectly could wreak havoc in any artist's mental peace. He had tried to help Ayaansh multiple times with that particular time but Ayaansh was dissatisfied every time.

"Chehra mat utar, ek baar phir se try karte hai?" He coaxed.

"Nhi ho rha, Bhaiyu." Ayaansh shook his head. "Itni baar toh try kar liya. It's not coming as I want it to. Kuch thik se nhi hota mujhse. I mess up everything..." He shut up when Aniket whacked him. He looked at Aniket questioningly.

"Maine bhi try kiya na? Mujhse bhi nhi hua. Kya karu, music chhod du?" Aniket asked drily.

Ayaansh looked down. He understood Aniket's point but he couldn't shake off the disappointment.

"Ayu, aise give up nhi karte, bachcha," Aniket made him look up. "There have been so many times where I couldn't get the right tune, right lyrics and so on. It happens with every artist at some point. Sab tere jaise chehra bana kar baith gye toh music industry doob jayegi."

The last sentence did its job and Ayaansh glared at Aniket.

Aniket bit back his smile. He was counting on getting a reaction. Annoyance was any day better than disappointment.

"Chal yeh drama band kar and pick up the guitar, come on!"

"Mujhe nhi karna koi practice, jao aap..." Ayaansh huffed.

"It wasn't a request, rockstar." Aniket gave him a sarcastic smile. "Pick up that guitar, now!"

Ayaansh sat stubborn.

"Now, Ayaansh!"

The firm voice compelled Ayaansh to obey. His Bhaiyu rarely ever used that tone with them. Aniket gave them a lot of liberties, but Ayaansh couldn't cross him when he took that stance. He immediately stood up and picked up his guitar.

Aniket waited for him to begin but the boy just stood still with his guitar. "Ayu?" He called out.

Ayaansh looked up at him. Aniket gave him a questioning look. "Aapne kaha pick up the guitar." He mumbled.

Aniket couldn't help but smile. He could see the boy sulking and somehow found that endearing. "Take the lead, Ayu."

"Aapka wala guitar use kar loon?" Ayaansh cashed on the opportunity. Aniket raised his eyebrows, but Ayaansh just stared at him innocently. He knew Aniket would agree to anything that moment.

"Take it." Aniket rolled his eyes at the dramatics. Ayaansh was truly just another one of them!

Ayaansh gave him a wide grin and swapped his guitar with Aniket's. They started practicing. Aniket's guidance helped Ayaansh build confidence. He knew Aniket wouldn't give a compliment for namesake. He meant it when he gave one and Ayaansh had received quite a lot in last one week. That boosted his morale.

"Tum yahan kya kar rhe ho, Aniket?"

The voice startled Aniket and Ayaansh. Meera walked towards them. The anger was quite visible on her face.

"We're done for today, Ayu. Tu jakar lunch kar le..." Aniket told Ayaansh.

Ayaansh was puzzled with Meera's expressions. He didn't like the tone she took with Aniket a bit, but his attention was diverted to Aniket. "Saath me karte hai, Bhaiyu. Chalo aap bhi..."