Prologue

"AAS?" Aryan asked in surprise.

"AAS?"

The boys looked up to see Aniket.

Ayaansh gave him a huge smile and nodded eagerly. "Haan, Bhaiyu! AAS! Usne thode hi gaane gaaye hai par saare kitne amazing hai. I'm a huge fan of his, Bhaiyu!"

Aryan and Aniket looked at each other.

"He's the best!" Aryan couldn't hold back himself.

Ayaansh agreed wholeheartedly.

"Ek second!" Ayaansh turned to him. "Tu jaanta hai woh kon hai?"

The pride in Aryan's voice registered in his brain a second later.

A hopeful Aryan looked at Aniket who softly nodded making Aryan jump in excitement. There were only a few people who were aware of the information. His younger brother deserved to know it from them!

"Kya hua?" Ayaansh asked, confused at the interaction between his brothers.

"AAS! Bhai, achche se socho!" Aryan said.

Ayaansh frowned. He was clueless what his little brother was talking about. Aryan gave a pointed look towards Aniket and it took a moment for the realisation to dawn upon Ayaansh. His eyes widened in astonishment as he looked at his Bhaiyu.

A soft smile played on Aniket's lips. Certain memories and moments in life could never fade away, for they were treasured more than the life itself!

"Mai?"

There was evident surprise in Aniket's voice.

"Haan, Aniket. You've a brilliant voice. It would stand out like gold in the crowd. I want you to record song for me!" Ritvik told him.

"Record a song?" Aniket was taken aback. Whole country knew Ritvik Birla only took the best! He was asking him to record song for him?

Ritvik nodded.

Aniket fidgeted and looked at Arnav who was standing silently till then.

"Can you please wait for a bit, Ritvik?" Arnav asked.

Ritvik gladly agreed and walked away to give the brothers some privacy.

"Bhaiya.."

"What's the issue, Ani?" Arnav walked closer and slung an arm around his little brother. "Tera idol tujhe song offer kar rha hai! Mujhe toh laga tha tu Khushi se uchhal padega.."

Aniket smiled slightly.

"I'm happy with law, Bhaiya. Singer nhi banna mujhe!"

Arnav frowned. "Par kyun, Ani? Tu itna achcha gata hai! Ritvik is never the one to sugarcoat his words. Tu jaanta hai he only chooses the best! Use Teri awaaz bohot pasand aayi hai, bachcha! You always wanted to sing with him, hai na?"

Aniket nodded. He had always seen Ritvik on television with stars in his eyes. It was his dream to sing alongside him one day. Untill their life turned upside down!

"Bhaiya, mujhe Ritvik Bhai ke saath gaana tha par woh pehle ki baat hai. Music mera passion hai but I don't want to get into it professionally."

"Kyun, bachcha? Music is your dream!"

Aniket looked away. It was a twelve years old Aniket's dream! The child who hadn't seen the outside world, who hadn't suffered enough to differentiate between dreams and fantasies. As he started growing up, he realised music could be his fantasy, but not dream. Arnav changed that for him! Music didn't only remain as his dream but became his passion as well. But he didn't want to make it his profession anymore!