Part 27

Aniket shut his eyes, making a firm resolution of not letting his voice escape his throat. His insides were shriveling up but his face didn't give away any traces of fear. He was awaiting the merciless hit on his body, but instead what he felt was a pair of arms securing him in its embrace.

His eyes flew open in shock. He could recognise the embrace any day. "Bhaiya!"

Arnav didn't give him the chance to protest and shielded him from the thorny cane. It hit Arnav's body instead. Aniket struggled with all his strength to push Arnav away from him, but Arnav had the edge.

"Kya Kar rhe ho aap?" Aniket yelled out. "Chhodo mujhe!"

"Shh," Arnav's voice was as gentle as ever as he caressed Aniket's back.

Helpless tears streamed down Aniket's cheeks as he felt another hit on his brother's body. Arnav hadn't even flinched, but the echo was loud enough.

"History repeats itself!" Mittal's evil voice cam through. His initial shock of seeing Arnav faded away and the sheer joy of hitting two birds with one stone took over. "Maine toh socha hi nhi tha The Arnav Singhania will honor me with his presence."

Mittal grabbed a nearby chair and hoped down to enjoy the show. Arnav Singhania's painful shrieks would be much more pleasurable than Aniket's. He was sure Arnav would not be able to stand the pain for long. He was waiting to hear him beg for mercy. That would be a sight to behold.

"Twist your wrist," Arnav whispered to Aniket. Aniket's mind was fogged until Arnav's voice penetrated. He composed himself and followed Arnav's words. Now that he did so, he relaised he could slide his wrist out of the handcuffs if done the right way. Desperately, he tried to do the trick and failed three times.

Arnav saw his agitation. He knew he had to trigger Aniket and whispered again, "Please do it, Ani. It's hurting."

Aniket's eyes filled up, but he blinked them away and with determination, twisted his wrist once again. Sidewise once and his hand was out of the cuff. As soon as he did that, he pushed Arnav away to avoid another hit. Arnav did the  same and both of them were free.

"You can't play me..." Mittal began furiously, but even before he saw it coming he was thrashed on the ground by Arnav.

"You had your chances, Mittal." Arnav's eyes sizzled in anger. The man had tried to play his brother. He would make him pay in spades. He went ahead and pulled one cane out of the machine.

Mittal's eyes widened when he saw Arnav do that. He tried to get on his feet, but Arnav punched him hard on the face causing him to fall back on ground.

"How dare you come near my family, Mittal?" Arnav hit the cane right across Mittal's chest. The filthy man yelped in pain. Arnav looked at him in disgust. Once he started, he couldn't stop himself.

"Kya Kar rhe ho, Arnav. Have you lost it?" Mittal's shrieked out. Arnav was hitting him with the cane mercilessly. He had never thought Arnav could be so lethal. He had only seen the calm and accepting Arnav. This man was brutal.

Arnav kept thrashing the bastard with cane without a pause. He was seething in anger. A few men had stepped ahead to stop him, but Aniket took care of them. He had taken the backseat and let Arnav do the needful. There was hardly any part of Mittal's body that wasn't bleeding when Arnav stopped and tossed away the cane. Even the cane was starting to wear off due to the force it was being used with. Arnav grabbed Mittal by his jaw and and forced him to look at him.

The rage in Arnav's eyes was so scary that it made Mittal flinch back. Arnav looked like he was ready burn down every soul that would try to cross him.

"How dare you play my brother, Mittal?" Arnav spoke in a deep dangerous tone. "How dare you touch my child?"