Part 13 : Affianced

In the blink of an eye, it was already weekend.

Both the families were elated and the preparations was in full swing from both the sides. Specially the Singhanias. They had been waiting for long enough.

Shivangi's father, much to her own surprise, had suddenly warmed up towards her and was actively involved in every arrangement and ritual that had to be done from the bride's side of the family. She had hugged her father and cried out when he had apologized to her and kissed her forehead. He hadn't done it in ages. She had to wonder what changed. And as an answer to her silent question, her father had only expressed his gratitude towards Arnav for changing his perspective.

The loud noise and yell could be heard from all the direction in Singhania Mansion. Everyone was busy with one or the other task. The better side of arrangements was done by them. Ayaansh was particularly even more thrilled than Aryan. He was there at the time of his Bhaiya's engagement but he didn't enjoy it as a brother should have. He was just realising how much fun it was to plan sibling's engagement and he was loving every bit of it.

"Bhaiyu aa gye!" Aryan exclaimed happily as he heard the sound of car. Aniket had gone to airport to recieve Sharda and Meera.

Aryan jumped down from the stairs to rush to the door.

Arnav hissed and whacked him as he was standing right beside the staircase. Aryan just didn't know the meaning of caution.

Aryan sulked and rubbed his head. He was sure of setting a world record in getting whacked by his elder brothers. His attention was diverted as Aniket walked inside along with Sharda and Meera.

The noise made Ashi and Shivangi come out as well. Shivangi had come over as Ashi had insisted her to choose the jwellery and other accessories with her. Arnav and Ashi were the first ones to approach Sharda and Meera and take their blessings.

While Meera blessed Ashi wholeheartedly, Sharda hugged Arnav lovingly.

"Kaise ho, beta?" Sharda caressed Arnav's face. Her affectionate voice warmed Arnav. He smiled and hugged her again. Sharda had to blink off her tears. Arnav warming up towards her meant the world to her.

"Bas bas, beta, khush raho." She stopped Ashi when she bent down to touch her feet and hugged her just as she did Arnav.

"Hum sab ne aapko bohot miss Kiya, Maasi." Ashi said, reciprocating to the elder lady's warm hug.

Arnav smiled at them. At least there was someone with whom his wife was at the recieving end of the love, the love she offered to others so generously. He quietly moved to Meera.

"Khush reh." Meera blessed him and hugged him. "Ab aayi Naani ki yaad?"

"Yaad toh unko kiya jata hai jinhe hum bhul gye ho, Naani. Aur aapko mai bhool sakta hoon kya?" Arnav smiled at her. Meera smiled back. Her boy knew how to win hearts.

Arnav looked at the boys.

They came ahead and followed the suit.

"Kaisa hai, bachcha?" Meera hugged Ayaansh.

"Mai thik hoon, Naani. Aapki tabiyat kaisi hai?" Ayaansh smiled a bit, coming out of her hold. He was still not completely comfortable around them.

The discomfort on his face was noticed by Aniket who slightly pulled him in a side hug. Ayaansh immediately leaned into him, seeking the familiar comfort that was lost for a moment there.

Before Meera could reply, Aryan hugged her happily. "Naani, kaisi hai aap?"

Meera caressed his hair. "Thik hoon, bachcha. Tu kaisa hai?"