Part 19 : The half truth

The golden beam of light striking right across his face caused Aniket to come out of his peaceful slumber. His face scrunched up in annoyance as he pulled the comforter over his face to block the sunrays. Just a few seconds and he threw the comfort away from his face. He couldn't sleep with his face covered. He annoyingly turned to other side and hid his face in Arnav's midriff.

The sudden movement startled Arnav. He looked at Aniket and smiled softly at his expressions. Aniket was never an early riser. He ran his hands through Aniket's hair gently, careful enough to not break his sleep.

During the days they worked in the factory, there were mornings when Aniket had been woken up by agonizing hits on his body. Arnav could never forget the feeling of utter helplessness he felt whenever the boy was hit in front of his eyes. He shared nothing with Aniket, but his heart ached when the boy was in pain. Aniket was no one to him but when the boy looked at him, all he could see was the reflection of his own eyes. Aniket tugged at his heartstrings without even trying to!

"Bhaiyuuu!"

Arnav looked up. Aryan looked at him surprised and then raced towards him with a huge smile on his face.

"Sambhal ke, Aru..." Arnav whisper yelled but Aryan paid no heed to it and hugged him without a care.

"Good morning, bachcha," Arnav ruffled his hair gently.

Aryan pulled back with a smile but frowned when he looked at Aniket who was cuddling to Arnav. He nudged Aniket not so gently.

"Kya hai, Bhaiya," Aniket said without lifting his head. "Sone do yaar,"

"Bhaiyu," Aryan shook him again.

"Tujhe kya hua, Aru? Sone de na!"

"Aap utho yahan se!" Aryan demanded as he tried to push Aniket away from Arnav.

"Kyun be? Copyright hai tera?" Aniket retorted, annoyed.

Aryan huffed. "Haan, hai. All rights reserved! Ab chalo hato!"

Aniket rolled his eyes and snuggled to Arnav. "Copyright infringement ka case kar de ja, come on go!"

"Bhaiyu!" Aryan whined.

"Time out, boys!" Arnav stopped them. He looked at Aryan. "Ho gya patch up Bhaiyu se?"

Aryan pouted and nodded. He couldn't stay away from any of his brothers. He just didn't know how to. Aniket was his sound board; he couldn't go a single day without talking to him and his Bhaiyu knew that well.

"Aur teri konsi demand Puri ki teri Bhaiyu ne iss patch up ke badle?"

Aryan looked away like a deer caught in headlights.

"Aru!"

"Arey kya hai, Bhaiya?" Aniket pulled Aryan towards himself. "Kyun bachche ke peeche pade ho aap? Hum dono ke beech ki baat hai, hum dekh lenge,"

Arnav was not even amused. They did this all the time. He was smart enough to not indulge in their banters, so he diverted the topic. "Ayu uth gya?"

Aryan nodded his head. "Bhai niche hai Bhabhi ke saath. He is helping Bhabhi with breakfast."

Arnav looked at the watch and cringed. He had been wide awake and still lost the track of time. He smiled at Aryan. "Ready ho ja, Aru, saath me breakfast karte hai."

That drew a smile on Aryan's face. He bobbed his head and walked out. He could share some of his copyrights with his Bhaiyu. It was after quite long that he had found his Bhaiya in his Bhaiyu's room. His Bhaiyu had given him many of his copyrights, he was willing to share some of his!