Part 8 : Expressing emotions

Ashi entered the room in the morning and smiled seeing Aryan cocooned in her husband's embrace. She had slept in the adjacent bedroom last night to not disturb the brothers. She sat on the bed and gently caressed Aryan's face. The whole house was missing Aryan's joyful smile.

The movement broke Arnav's sleep. He opened his eyes and tried to get up but Aryan was holding his shirt in his fist. Arnav's lips curved up. It reminded him of the little figure who refused to sleep in any other position than this. Aryan always did that when he was child!

Arnav ran an affectionate hand through Aryan's hair and kissed his forehead very gently. The action seemed to cast its magic as Aryan's grip loosened around Arnav's kurta and a soft smile graced his lips. Arnav's face automatically mirrored his smile.

The smile on Arnav's face warmed Ashi's heart. Her eyes moistened seeing them. She loved those two with her whole heart and couldn't see any of them hurting. She saw Arnav's gaze on the plate of past kept untouched on the table and reached for his hands gently.

"Arnav?"

"Raat ko bina khaye hi so gya tha. Uthega toh khila dena ise." Arnav's voice was filled with guilt.

"It's okay, Arnav. He needed you more. Uthega toh aap khud khila dijiye.."

Arnav looked at her. He knew what she was conveying through the statement.

"Aise mat dekhiye mujhe. Bohot hua, Arnav. Aru ko uski galti ka ehsaas hai. Ab bas bhi kijiye aap, nhi reh pa rha woh aapse dur. Iska murjhaya chehra nhi dekha ja rha ab mujhse." Ashi said softly.

Arnav sighed. "I've an early morning meeting, Ashi. I'll leave early. Aru uthega nhi tab tak.."

Ashi was unimpressed.

"Ashi?"

"Meeting important hai, Arnav? Aap pehle Aru se baat kar lete toh..." Ashi trailed off when she saw the apologetic look on Arnav's face.

Arnav was helpless. The meeting was an important one. He could not delay it or let it go. He wanted to talk to Aryan too. Aryan's words had left him restless. He knew Aryan was already guilty. He just needed to talk to Aryan once but he couldn't ignore the meeting either. He had certain obligations and he was bound to fulfill them!

"Aniket?" Arnav asked remembering Aniket's text that he would come home late.

"So rha hai. Raat ko late aaya tha." Ashi answered.

"Kuch bataya usne?"

Ashi shook her head dismally. He looked too tired when he came back. Ashi didn't have the heart to question him.

"Arnav, mujhe lagta hai aapko usse baat karni chahiye. Shivi kaafi upset thi..." Ashi sounded worried.

"Call her over, Ashi. Kuch time yahan sabke saath rahegi toh usse bhi achcha lagega."

Ashi agreed. She had also thought the same but she was doubtful that Shivi would come. She didn't voice it out to Arnav. Her husband loved the girl as his sister. They all loved her as their family. She hoped Shivi understood that.

Her eyes moved to Aryan who had now leaned towards her from Arnav's side. Ashi forgot everything once she saw the smile on his face. She caressed his hair softly.

"I'll prepare breakfast." Arnav got up and then bent forward to kiss his wife's forehead. "Tum baitho iske paas."

Ayaansh came down to the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and smiled when he saw Arnav there. Arnav was getting himself coffee when he felt the pair of arms around him. He smiled.