Part 15 : His anchor

Aniket sat by the cliff, his eyes staring the tranquil surface of sea water, a little afar in the view. A spasm of pain flashed across his face as his eyes travelled to the sky, devoid of any celestial light. The dark clouds rummaged through the empty sky, adding to the hopelessness of the night.

His eyes travelled back to the soft waves that were rising up in the sea. The soothing sound always gave him peace but today he was too restless to let the soft sound past his mind. His mind was fogged by the memories. He closed his eyes against the rush of melancholic anguish inside him.

"Mujhe nhi khaana!"

"Tune subah se kuch nhi khaya, Ani," Arnav coaxed him gently. "Kyun zidd kar rha hai? Thoda kha le.."

"Mai koi zidd nhi kar rha, Bhaiya. Mujhe nhi khana. Jao aap yaha se.." Aniket turned away his face.

"Chala jaunga, tu kha le pehle," Arnav took a morsel to his mouth. "Kha le, bachcha,"

Aniket stayed mum.

"Kyun zidd kar rha hai bata?" Arnav sighed and put the morsel down when Aniket didn't eat. "Khana teri pasand ka bhi hai. Kha le chup chap."

"Aap kyun zidd kar rhe ho? Maine kaha na mai kha loonga jab mujhe bhookh lagegi. You don't have to worry!" Aniket retorted back harshly.

"Jaise tune subah kha liya tha?"

Aniket looked away.

"Ani," Arnav put his anger aside and made Aniket look at him. He cupped Aniket's one cheek. "Kya baat hai? Pareshan hai tu kisi baat se? Kyun aise behave kar rha hai..."

Tears rushed to Aniket's eyes. He had to force himself to look away from Arnav. Those eyes always looked at him with so much of love that he couldn't hold back himself from them.

"Maine kuch keh diya? Naraaz hai tu mujhse? Kuch toh..."

"Mujhe akela chhod do, Bhaiya." Aniket cut him off. "Maine kaha na you don't have to worry. I can take care of myself."

Arnav's eyes hardened. Aniket had come back from the hospital two days back after the allergic reaction he suffered from. He was on heavy medication. Arnav wouldn't let him skip meals no matter what. If he had to play the villian for making Aniket eat, he gladly will!

"Fine then!" Arnav put the plate in front of Aniket and stood up.

Aniket looked away, his sight became hazy with the glassy layer in an instant. He had been intentionally pushing Arnav away but the hurt that came along was inevitable. He knew Arnav would never put his own hurt on open display but he shared his Bhaiya's eyes. And his own eyes couldn't lie to him!

"Eat!"

Aniket looked back at Arnav startled. He thought Arnav had walked away.

"Eat, Aniket!"

The lost look on Aniket's face gave away his surprise.

"I don't have whole day, Aniket. Start eating!" Arnav deadpanned.

"Bhaiya,"

"Show me that you can take care of yourself." Arnav crossed his hands against his chest. "Eat in front of me and I'll leave you alone."

"Arey, maine kaha na mujhe nhi khana." Aniket glared at him. "Aap jao. Bhookh lagegi toh mai kha..."

"You can't skip meals, Aniket." Arnav said firmly. "Tune subah bhi nhi khaya tha, I'll not leave untill you eat."