Part 22 : Love and acknowledgements

Aniket looked relieved as he saw Ayaansh ascending the stage. He looked back at Rishaan who was checking Aryan's ankle.

"Sprain?"

Rishaan nodded. "Nothing bad. But it'll pain a bit while making movements. Stay careful while walking." He looked at Aryan and added, "can you?"

"Of course I can, Bhai." Aryan said offended.

Rishaan gave him a suspicious look.

Aryan huffed. Rishaan smiled and looked at Aniket. "Make sure he gives the foot enough rest. Movements will hurt for a day or two."

Aniket nodded and looked at Aryan. "No hoping around, Aru. I mean it."

"Arey aap dono ko mai bandar lagta hoon kya?" Aryan whined.

"You doubt that?" Both of them teased.

Aryan glared at them and looked away.

The friends smiled at each other. Rishaan turned to Aniket and spoke slowly. "Tu thik hai?"

"Haan?"

"I asked what's wrong?"

Aniket shook his head. Rishaan gave him a pointed look. Aniket had to look away. Rishaan nudged him again. Aniket glared at him and then at his phone that was continuously ringing. He received the call with annoyance.

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

Aniket was about to disconnect when the voice came from other side. Aniket stilled at his place. Rishaan nudged him, signing Ayaansh's performance was to begin. Aniket came out of his trance and composed himself. He signed back Rishaan about attending the call and moved away quietly. He couldn't let his expressions betray his inner turmoil.

"What do you want?" Aniket asked in a cold voice.

......

Whatever was said from other side made Aniket go week on his knees. But his eyes glinted when he heard next words. There was no way he was going to let that man walk all over him. He was no more dealing with a fifteen year old Aniket.

"Do your worst, Mittal." Aniket hissed. "I dare you to lay a finger on my family."

.....

"You've no business knowing about him!" Aniket said sharply.

Something was said on the other side and Aniket's palm clenched into first due to anger. But when he spoke, his voice remained measured. "You're dealing with lawyer Aniket Singhania, Mittal. Ek baar basics law padh lete? I'll not have to lift up a finger to win the case."

......

"And neither to destroy you." Aniket cut him off this time. He couldn't let "Learn the basics of law before touching my family. And if possible learn to cut your losses, Mittal."

......

"I'll be there." Aniket replied coldly.

As soon as the line went dead, Aniket felt the palpitations in his heart. He stood rooted to his place. He was relieving the past that was hundred times worse than his nightmares. He was startled out when he felt someone squeezing his hand. He looked up to find Shivangi looking at him with worry etched all across her features.

"Ani?"

Aniket stared at her blankly.

"Ani, kya hua?" Shivi shook him up. His demeanor was worrying her. "Kiska call tha? What's wrong..."

She was taken aback when Aniket hugged her tightly. She could feel his racing heart. She wrapped her arms around him. Her eyes teared up. Her Aniket never fell weak. He hated to show his weakness. It must be something huge to break Aniket like that. She wished she could provide him some comfort but she knew she couldn't.