Part 4 : Driving to grave

Aryan was going through his books when Arnav entered the room. Aryan saw him and stood up but then remembered that he was still mad at his Bhaiya so he sat down with his back to Arnav.

Arnav smiled and called out. "Aru?"

Aryan didn't reply.

Walking up to him, Arnav put an arm around him. "Gussa hai mera bachcha mujhse?"

Aryan looked down and shook his head. That was the problem! He didn't know how to be upset at his Bhaiya even if he wanted. Even when he was angry at Arnav, he only wanted Arnav to complain.

"Padhai kar rha tha?" Arnav prompted him to talk.

Aryan gave a nod.

"Exams kab se hai?"

"Next week se!"

"Kahan tak ho gya?" Arnav asked, taking the notebook from Aryan's hands. Usually, Arnav made sure to sit with Aryan and help him with his studies, specially when his exams were around the corner. But this time scene was a little different.

Aryan was a night owl. He preferred to study whole night rather than waking up in the morning and due to Arnav's health, he was blowing a gasket everytime Arnav insisted on staying up with him. In the end, Arnav had to give in and let Aniket take over. He trusted Aniket to take care of their baby brother.

"Mai kar loonga, Bhaiya." Aryan said slowly.

Arnav sighed and put the notebook back. "Baat toh kar, Aru?"

"Aap kyun zidd kar rhe ho, Bhaiya? Please mat rakho na fast. Aapki tabiyat kharab ho gyi toh? Mujhe bilkul achcha nhi lagta aapko vaise dekhna." Aryan's eyes filled up.

"Aru," Arnav took him in his embrace. "Mujhe bhi tujhe rote dekhna bilkul achchha nhi lagta, bachcha!"

"Toh kyun rakh rahe ho aap yeh fast? Maan lo humari baat. Please, Bhaiya?" Aryan looked at him pleadingly.

"Mai bilkul thik hoon, Aru. Kuch nhi hoga, kyun chinta kar rha hai? Tu hoga na mera khayal rakhne ke liye, beta?"

Aryan looked away dismally. He didn't understand why his Bhaiya was being so stubborn for a stupid fast. He was mad at him but he wanted to be comforted so he put his annoyance aside and hugged Arnav tightly. He wasn't punishing himself for his Bhaiya's stupidity by staying away from his embrace. That was his personal safe heaven!

"Yeh bhi hai, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh pushed the glass of juice towards him.

Arnav looked at him, totally disgusted. "Who the hell drinks juice at night?"

"The one who has to keep fast other day, Bhaiya!" Shivangi chipped in.

"Shivi?" Arnav was lost at words. His family was making it their life mission to taunt him about the fast on every opportunity they got.

Shivangi gave him an apologetic smile. "Have it, Bhaiya, you would need energy for tomorrow!"

Aryan picked the glass and brought it to Arnav's lips. "Pi lo na, Bhaiya?"

The desperate denial stuck in Arnav's throat, unable to come out. His stomach was full. He couldn't take a sip of water more but he didn't want his siblings to go fretting over the small thing either. He took the glass from Aryan's hands, nodding briefly, as if trying to make up his mind to gulp down that horrible looking liquid.

The siblings waited for him to oblige but Aniket's patience gave away before anyone else's as he took the glass from Arnav's hands and brought it to his mouth firmly. "Have it, Bhaiya!"