Part 23 : Suffering in silence

The family drove back home in silence. Everyone was high on emotions to initiate a talk. Ayaansh had fallen asleep on Arnav's lap even in the moving car. He had not let go of his side even for a second. Arnav was too overwhelmed to say anything. He just held Ayaansh close to himself.

"Wake him up, Bhaiya," Aniket gently nudged Arnav as they reached home.

Arnav patted Ayaansh's cheeks softly. Ayaansh rubbed his eyes and opened them groggily.

"We're home, bachcha. Get up."

Ayaansh nodded and let go of Arnav. They entered inside and Ashi glared down Aryan into walking straight without hurting his leg. Shivangi smiled at them and turned to Arnav.

"Mai chalti hoon, Bhaiya. Dad must be waiting..."

"Lunch humare saath kar lo, Shivi..."

Shivangi shook her head slowly. She had no appetite. "I don't feel like eating, Bhaiya. Bilkul Mann nhi abhi. I'll have later at home." She told half-truth.

Arnav nodded.

Shivi turned around to leave but remembered that she didn't have her car. Aniket had picked her up. She turned back. "I didn't bring my car, Bhaiya. Can I..."

"Take..."

"Mai drop kar deta hoon," Aniket said before Arnav could.

"Can I take one of the cars, Bhaiya?" Shivi ignored him and asked Arnav. She was comfortable enought with Arnav to make demands. She would never insult her brother's love by hesitating to exert her rights.

Arnav looked at the two of them and shook his head to himself with a soft smile. They must have fought again. His brother loved to rile her up without any reason and vice versa.

"You don't have to ask," Arnav said as he handed Shivi keys to one of their cars.

"Thank you, Bhaiya. Chalti hoon," Shivi smiled a bit and walked out. She was failing to meet Arnav's eyes. She felt very guilty for not being anything more than a silent spectator in the whole drama. She was on the edge and didn't want to do or say anything that would hurt any member of her family. She needed time to calm down herself before she talked to Aniket.

Aniket sighed looking at her retreating figure. He was hurting a lot of people and that really didn't sit well with him. He wished he knew what the right thing was to do!

"Phir se jhagda kiya?" Arnav smiled. Shivi was the only one who had that effect on his brother.

Aniket forced out a smile. "It's her favourite thing to do, Bhaiya."

Before Arnav could give a reply, Ashi ordered them to freshen up and come down for lunch in ten minutes. She already had to scold the boys for the mean and had no intentions of doing the same to two grown up men.

---------------------------------------------

It's hurting, Bhaiya." Aryan complained about the umpteenth time. He got annoyed when Arnav gave no response. Arnav hadn't spoken a word to him since they had returned. He fed him the dinner, gave him medicines, was massaging his ankle but not speaking to him. He hated the silence more than he hated the pathetic dark chocolates.

"Bhaiya," He tugged at Arnav's kurta. Arnav looked at him. Aryan held his ears cutely. "Sorry na, itna gussa kyu ho rhe ho? Sprain hi toh..." He trailed off when Arnav gave him a condensing look.

"Acha, sorry..." Aryan grunted when Arnav shifted his attention from him to his hurt ankle that he was applying balm on. Arnav paid no heed to his ranting and continued massaging his ankle that was in his lap.