Part 20 : Trust

Author's note :

Hello everyone! To start with, thank you to each and every one of you for your well wishes. I'm doing much better now. Thank you for all the love you showered. My message section was overflowed when I came back. Though Aashvi had tried to get back to some of you, most of the messages were personal so she didn't revert back. Thank you so much for your understanding and support. I was truly overwhelmed.

Some of you suggested about reporting the users I had received messages from. At that point, neither me nor Aashvi got that idea in our minds. Aashvi's first instinct was to block them. I'll reporting the users if anything similar happens in the future.

Also, ROOH will be updated by Aashvi for some time. The chapters are pre written so there is no issue as such. Since I'll be not active and she is more than eager to give updates, the story will be updated by her.

The stars always soothed Arnav. He had an unknown affinity towards a starlit sky. Those illuminating celestial bodies radiated hope even on the darkest nights. That was something that Arnav held onto when he had nothing else. After Aryan came into his life, his doe eyes gleaming with innocence was all Arnav needed to sooth himself.

He was silently staring out of the french windows when he felt a gentle pair of arms encircling around him.

"Arnav,"

Arnav hummed back.

"Dinner?"

"Tumne khaya?" Arnav turned around and pulled her closer. Her loving touch soothed his nerves.

Ashi shook her head. The boys had had their dinner together. Aniket was still not home. And her husband had not come down for dinner. She didn't feel like eating alone.

Arnav sighed. She must be waiting for him. "Let's go and have dinner, chalo.." He pulled back but Ashi held on. He looked at her.

"Ani kisi baat ko lekar kaafi pareshan hai, Arnav," Ashi voiced out her concern.

That wasn't a news to Arnav. He knew that all along. The fact that Aniket was choosing to struggle alone instead of sharing the problem with him was greatly unsettling to him.

"Why are not letting him go? Uska kaam hai..."

"Use Rishikesh jana hai, Ashi." Arnav tensed up. "Mittal is active there again. Aniket is already getting nightmares. Mai kaise Jane du use wahan akele? Aniket humesha hasta khelta rehta hai. Apna dard dikhane ki aadat nhi hai use, Ashi. Aaj bhi woh wahi kar rha hai. His nightmares are proof that he is troubled. And you want me to let him go to the place that holds the very root of these nightmares?"

"Mai aapka darr samajh rhi hoon, Arnav. Aniket bhi samajhta hai. Par agar woh itna keh rha hai toh zaroor kuch..."

"Nothing is more important than his safety for me." Arnav cut her off. "Use jo bhi kaam hai woh yaha se kare."

"Arnav..."

"Nhi, Ashi..."

"Listen to me, Arnav!" Ashi squeezed his hands to calm him down. "Aapka darr apni jagah shi hai but you're letting your fear dictate law for you. Yeh sahi nhi hai. Yeh aap bhi jaante hai aur Mai bhi ki agar kaam important nhi hota toh Ani iss tarah react nhi karta. You're being paranoid. Agar Ani ki jagah aapka kaam hota toh aap kya karte? Nhi jaate Rishikesh?"

Arnav tensed up.

"We both know your answer, Arnav. You've to trust Aniket. He isn't the best lawyer out there for nothing..."

"I trust him, Ashi," Arnav looked at her. "Trust is not the issue. I know I'm being unreasonable..."

"You're not being unreasonable, Arnav; you're just being a concerned brother. There is nothing wrong in that." Ashi hugged him and rested her head against his chest as she spoke. "Ani aapki bohot izzat karta hai, Arnav. Aap bhi jaante hai jab tak aap haan nhi kahoge woh nhi jayega. But is that fair?"