Part 2 : His child

"Do you know who I'm?"

Arnav's voice was calm but the rage in his eyes was visible to all.

"The most successful businessman, Arnav Singhania!" One of the other reporters answered with a smile.

Ashi smiled. Her husband had a lot of silent admirers. Arnav's selfless and helpful nature was one of the main reasons why the media rarely targetted their family or personal concerns.

"And how much do you know about me? Or my family?" This time Arnav looked directly in the eye of the reporter who had asked the question.

"Not much, Mr. Singhania but as far as the world knows you only have two brothers. So who is this forth person in the frame?"

"Is the boy illegitimate child of one of your late parents?"

"THAT BOY IS MY BROTHER." Arnav hadn't raised his voice even by a single octave but his eyes were blazing with fire. And his demeanor was so calm that no one else dared to raise their voice. The kind of calmness could send down shivers down the spine.

Arnav looked at Aniket. He nodded and gently guided Ayaansh to Arnav. Arnav wanted to keep Ayaansh away from media as much as he could but he couldn't leave his brother's name amid an identity crisis. The media was gonna burn Ayaansh if he didn't take a frim stand. His brother deserved much better. Ayaansh was hesitant but Arnav wrapped a protective arm around him and faced the media.

"AYAANSH SINGHANIA!"

The media erupted with questions. Cameras flashed across Arnav and Ayaansh. Now that Arnav was himself addressing it, none of them wanted to let the opportunity go.

"Kon hai yeh, Mr. Singhania?"

"Hume Jahan tak pata hai your parents were dead, yeh ladka aapka saga Bhai kaise ho sakta hai?"

"Why have we never seen the boy before?"

"Aakhir yeh ladka hai kon?"

Arnav firmed his grip on Ayaansh sensing his discomfort and answered. "His name is Ayaansh Singhania! I've said it once, don't make me repeat twice!"

"Aapka kya rishta hai Arnav Singhania se?"

One of the reporters attacked Ayaansh. His age looked easier to play with.

"DO YOU HAVE SOME HEARING IMPAIRMENT?" Arnav hissed in fury. The calmness was gone the moment they touched Ayaansh. "He is my brother! Don't dare lay a finger on him!"

The reported took a step back.

"Talk to me, Miss Dutta!" Arnav snapped harshly at the lady who was trying to reach Ayaansh. "My child isn't answerable to you!"

There was pin drop silence all around at once!

The cameras were lowered and a step back was taken respectively by everyone.

The whole world knew Arnav Singhania was a family man! If he called the boy his child, they better respect the truth that Arnav Singhania's child was off limits.

Ayaansh was frozen at his place. The tremors he was feeling was long gone and was replaced with stillness. He stared at Arnav in bewilderment. It merely felt real, instead it felt like watching a vivid dream!

"I hope you've got all your answers! I've said it before, I'll say it again, my family matters aren't to be discussed here! Keep my child out of this!" Arnav's voice turned cold at the last sentence before he was back to his calm demeanor. "Thank you for coming over, ladies and gentlemen! Drama is closed!"