Chapter 29: I Promise

Unknown P.O.V.

Ah, so you've found the parts to my story! I knew you would. You aren't stupid. I'm just surprised it took you so long to find it! But now that you have, you will find the rest in no time. My messages aren't very difficult, they aren't really meant to be.

The answer is easy and finding it takes time, but it really is a simple journey.

That is....unless I don't mess it up a bit.

Will I though? No promises!

I can't make it too easy on you, can I?

You don't really even need my clues! You would of found it out eventually. All you needed to do was think long and hard about it and you could of found out just who I am.

Because you see, I don't hide.

I'm not a sniveling being that freezes with fear. Neither are you. At least that's what I thought until you ran away to find out who I am in secret.

You could of killed them all for blaming you, but you didn't.

Why?

You could of easily sung them into the sleep of death, but you didn't.

Why not?

You could of done many things to thwart me, really. Are you to prideful to take the easy way, Siren?

It seems so.

But that's fine with me. I like playing games.

You don't know it but you are my doll, everyone is my plaything and the world is my dollhouse.

So, I guess even if you did take the easy way out you would of met the same fate.

Is that what you were doing before? Is that what those fate-worshiping Indians suggested you to do?

Ha!

I am fate.

Those Indians don't have a clue, do they?

They don't know that I control destiny.

That I hold their lives in my palm like an itty bitty butterfly that I can squash with the tightening of my fist.

Oh well...

Perhaps I'll give them, and you for that matter, a little preview of my power.

Wait.

Sebastian too?

Ah, he's helped you get this far, I see.

It makes sense though, puzzles are easier to solve with two. Not that this is much of a puzzle.

...

It is quite funny.

He loves you while you can't stand to be around him.

...

Your barriers are

F
A
L
L
I
N
G
D
O
W
N

Crashing to the

G
R
O
U
N
D

Tehe, irony tickles my sides.

...

Oh, it seems I must be off.

It's time for me to put a little spin in your journey to find me. Don't worry.

It's just a little one.

No one will get hurt, this time.

That comes later. That is if I feel like it. I do get sleepy too, and lazy for that matter.

Speaking of which....

-Yawn-

I'll take a little catnap before I go.

But then you'll see my twist.

I won't keep you waiting long, Ebony.

I promise.