Chapter 35: Vrai: True

My boots pound on the wooded floors. My mind is empty of questions, for once things make sense. Simon is Catrine's master. She was the voice that I heard when I found the tools in her closet. And when she said that Simon was worshiping her, she meant literally.

Not only that but everything is falling into place. I will not be stuck under it all and neither will Sebastian and Ciel if I can help it.

I listen carefully for any noises indicating their location. It isn't hard to pick something out. I can easily hear Simon's voice speaking from the first floor.

I fly down the stairs and then down the last set. Once on the first floor I come to a stop, cocking my head to better listen for where his voice is coming from.
The dining room.

Immediately my feet are moving towards the direction of the dining room, however this time they are silent beneath me. The room comes into view and I easily slip inside undetected.

Simon stands near the middle of the room with a grinning Catrine at his side. A couple feet away Both Sebastian and Ciel stand with twin looks of disdain on their faces as Simon finishes talking.

Catrine notices me and waves happily with a smirk adorning her features. I ignore this and instead speak up. "What did I miss?"

Every head in the room whips towards me, besides Catrine's of course.

"Mr. Beauregard just finished his villain's speech." Sebastian dead pans.

"I am no villain!" Simon interjects. "I just want to protect Ciel!"

"Simon, Ciel is extremely protected by both Sebastian, I, and the other Phantomhive servants back at the estate. There is no reason for you to worry when he is under our care." I try to reason.

This all feels quite dull though. The villain gives his speech and then someone tries to reason with him and it doesn't work. It is what happens in nearly every case. So, it's nothing new to me. Especially now that my fight with Catrine is finished with. There is nothing exciting left.

I've been wrong before.

"He is not living the life of a boy though." Simon argues.

"Murder, manipulation, and destroying people's lives is not a way to get him to stay with you, Simon. It should be up to him." I look to Ciel with a small smirk. "Your decision, Ciel?"

"Ebony, Sebastian, get me out of this hillbilly hell." Is Ciel's answer.

"There's your answer." I say. "Now, excuse us but we should be leaving." I say.

Sebastian glides over to me and we link arms, Ciel at our sides with a small smirk on his face. We go to leave this place once and for all, but of course Simon isn't going to let that happen.

"Catrine, stop them!" Simon shouts.

All three of us turn around to face the pair. I raise a brow at the cat goddess and she winks.

"I can't." She says.

"Wh-what, why?!" Simon sputters, eyes wide.

"I have already been defeated."

"By who?!"

"Ebony." She answers casually. "And I can't fight a rematch with her or Sebastian unless they either consent or strike first. Do you?"

I shake me head. "No, I won. I don't wish to try again."

If I do try again, even if I have Sebastian fighting alongside me, I doubt I will win. She is a goddess and the only reason why I was able to defeat her was luck and because she became arrogant. Catrine didn't even transform into her true form, which she definitely would with us fighting her. We'd have no chance.