Prologue

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

1971

A man stood in front of a glass wall looking over a developing city. He stood with his hands back in a tuxedo, his suit hanging on the back of his rotating chair. He had iris brown eyes and black hair slowly turning grey with age. The man was the CEO of Stark Industries and Stark Pictures, a co-founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.; Howard Stark.

A man in a lab coat with a writing pad in his hand knocked on the door and they automatically opened "Mr. Stark, Sir, Subject Ten has lost his life as well." the man said as he stood in front of a desk in the office.

His boss who was still looking out the window spoke "What were the issues this time?"

"Not issues, sir. There seems to be only one issue." said the White-coat.

"Which is...?" Howard trailed off.

"As we are using the DNA of adults the stem cells of the babies are not working properly. Captain Rogers' SSS (Super Soldier Serum) is not activating the stem cells." said the man as hesitated to voice his following words "W- we- we need a baby's DNA." Howard turned away from the glass wall and to the man with a poker face.

"That will be arranged. You need to find the mother's DNA." Howard said as he sat on his chair behind his desk.

"Sir, we already discussed this among ourselves and we decided we're going to use Dr. Irani's DNA next." Howard looked up at the man in slight shock he was rather close to Dr. Irani and hearing that she agreed was shocking since in her culture having children before marriage was not approved. "We have run tests and it appears she's the healthiest among our doctors. She is one of them that are not very often exposed to the chemicals."

"How long till you can start the next experiment?" Howard asked.

"As soon as we get the baby's DNA." the White-coat said. Howard raised his hand granting the man permission to leave.

◈◉◈

1972

Howard brought the DNA of the baby and that of his own son's no less. It had now been eight and a half months since the experiment. The baby was growing in a small crib-like pod you could see the beautiful baby through the glass. It was a beautiful baby girl and Howard went to see her every day. She was his granddaughter after all.

Sixteen days later

Dr. Rohini Irani was an Indian-American scientist with parents who were Indians. She was born in Queens, New York and raised in Boise, Idaho. She did her bachelor's at Stanford. She was an intern at Stark Industries she was offered a full-time job at a higher posting by Howard himself but she declined claiming that she wanted to study further. So Howard sent a recommendation letter to MIT and got her a scholarship to do her master's there. After her master's and PhD in synthetic biology and genome editing, she joined Stark Industries full-time.

Howard and the scientists had gathered in the laboratory looking through the large glass window and seeing the doctors working with the pod. The baby girl was soon going to be brought out of her pod. One of the doctors looked out the window and told one of the nurses to close the window. The nurse pressed a button and the large soundproofed glass window turned black those who were outside could not see what was happening inside now all they could do was wait.

The cries of the newborn girl filled the chamber and laboratory. Her cries announced her arrival to a new world, one outside a glass pod. Everyone's heads perked up at the sound of the baby's cries. Howard and Dr. Irani soot up and walked to the entrance of the laboratory waiting for the nurse to bring the little girl out.

After a few minutes, the nurse walked out of the lab but she was not holding the baby girl. She walked over to Howard and Rohini who were now worried as they did not see the newborn with the nurse. "The girl should not be exposed to the air in the lab. So, the doctor has asked for the baby to remain in the ward."

"But-"

"She must remain in the ward, Dr. Irani. If you wish for her to survive. She is not like normal babies." the nurse spoke trying to comfort the mother of the newborn baby

"Can we see her?" Howard asked the nurse as the doctor had came out. Dr. Richard Robinson was one of the world's best obstetricians.

"Of course. You'll have to sanitise yourself first, Howard." Dr. Robinson said before handing Howard the notepad he was holding. It had a document with information regarding the newborn's condition.

"How is she, doctor?" Rohini asked as she fidgeted with the necklace she wore as a bracelet on her wrists.

"She is a healthy baby, Dr. Irani." the doctor assured the mother. Howard and Rohini sighed in relief. "Her weight is a bit lower than we expected for a baby with the SSS in her veins but she is completely healthy."

"When can we see her doctor?" Rohini asked.

"As soon as you are sanitised. But I request you to please not touch the baby till we have done all the tests to ensure her immune system is fully operational." Dr. Robinson requested.

"How long will that take, Docter?" Howard asked.

"Around three days, Stark." said Dr. Robinson.

Half an hour later Howard and Rohini perfectly sanitised entered the laboratory where the baby was kept along with the nurse for supervision; to make sure they did not get overwhelmed and try to touch or lift the baby.

Howard and Rohini slowly walked over the a glass box the baby was in much like her pod. Tears welled in both their eyes seeing the pure beauty and perfection of a newborn baby, they felt blessed to witness such a sight. This event was truly a miracle after ten unsuccessful attempts they finally succeeded in creating a baby in the lab.

The baby wore a light sky blue onesie with a small pure white boggin cap on her head swaddled in a soft, cosy bundle of a blanket. 

Rohini looked at her baby girl with tears of joy in her eyes, she kissed her hand and touched the glass as she chuckled looking at her sleeping daughter

Rohini looked at her baby girl with tears of joy in her eyes, she kissed her hand and touched the glass as she chuckled looking at her sleeping daughter. "I just became a father and now I'm already a grandpa." Howard said looking at the sleeping girl. Rohini looked at him and smiled at his statement.

And that was how Radha Irani Stark Rogers was born. She was truly a miracle child not only was her birth unnatural but her beauty and intelligence were inhuman.