Chapter 5 | HYDRA's base

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

Rey:

The trio hijacked a truck and drove for New Jersey

The trio hijacked a truck and drove for New Jersey. Rey called Jay and Hill to inform them they were going to New Jersey. Knowing that they were headed for a secret HYDRA base she prepared herself for the worst. Rey lay down in the back seat in her true appearance since there was no point in hiding it as the two Avengers had seen it back at the apartment.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" the redhead assassin asked.

"Nazi Germany." Steve said "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash." he told her. Natasha took her feet off the dashboard looking at him.

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know-" Natasha ranted.

"What?" Steve asked interrupting her.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" she asked with an amused grin.

"That bad, huh?" he asked sounding a little hurt (the key word being little).

"I didn't say that."

"Well, it kinda sounds like that's what you're saying."

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"You don't need practice."

"Everybody needs practice."

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead."

"Nobody special, though?" Steve scoffed at Natasha's question.

"Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience."

"You'd be surprised." Rey mumbled darkly as she sat up. She put on her shades, plugged in her earphones and played her 'Sleepy Night Night 😴💤' playlist on Spotify. She grabbed Captain Teddy before laying back down and closed her eyes hugging the bear tightly.

The rest of Steve and Natasha's conversation was not heard by Rey, she soon fell asleep cuddling against Captain Teddy. After about two hours Natasha looked at the back seat and found Rey asleep hugging her teddy bear she noticed it was wearing a Captain America suit similar to Steve's old one.