Chapter 10 | Project Insight

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

Rey:

At the DC S

At the DC S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters Jay, Steve, Sam and Hill suited up and were headed to the PA Room. Rey was with Fury and Gwen in a chopper for takeoff. Rey typed in a code and the Com Tech's comms screeched.

One of the Com Tech agents went over to the door to check what was wrong when he scanned his card and the door opened he saw Jay, Sam and Hill pointing guns at him and Steve standing in the centre leading them. "Excuse us." he said.

"Not really the catchphrase I woulda gone with." They heard Gwen over the spy comm. The Com Tech agent held his hand up and stepped aside.

In a conference room was HYDRA's leader, Alexander Pierce with the World Security Council as he gave them his 'oh-so peaceful' speech. "I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally, we're here, and the world should be grateful." Pierce said raising his glass as a toast and the World Security Council followed. As he raised their glasses to their lips to drink the champagne the Super Soldier's voice was heard over the PA

"Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. This is Steve Rogers." Steve spoke. Pierce and the Council lowered the glasses listening to him "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth." Steve paused "S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader." the Council looked at the man with accusing looks. "The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well." Steve added. "I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want:" Steve said pursing his lips "Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them."

Rey sighed as she leaned back in her seat in the chopper, a small smile made its way up her lips. It would all be over soon. All the night terror and nightmares would be gone. Sure, there are things about her past she could never get over but this would be a new and fresh start for her. "I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve said.