Chapter 3 | Hijacked by Hydra

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

1977

Rey and Rohini sat at breakfast in silence none of them tried to talk to one another after last night. Rey did not know how to tell her mother that it was alright if she did not answer her question. While Rohini wondered how she would tell her daughter that she did not have one father but two of them. How would she tell Rey that she was not a normal child but a miracle child?

None of them knew how to start up a conversation so they both decided to act like last night never happened. Rey decided to start a casual conversation. "Maa, can we go to the library to issue new books?" Rey asked before taking a bite of her pancake.

Rohini was surprised to see her daughter acting as if nothing happened last night. "Have you finished all of them?" Rohini asked.

"Yes. I've read all." Rey said proud of her accomplishment "I'll read 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' again on the way to the library."

"But you've read 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' so many times, Beta. Don't you think you should read other books?"

"I do read other books, Maa. I just like 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' the most." Rohini smiled at her daughter before nodding.

"Okay, we'll go in the evening. Get all the books ready." Rohini said. Rey nodded before she continued to eat in silence.

◈◉◈

Rohini was driving through the busy city roads to the city library with her daughter in the back seat reading 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' for the ninety-sixth time this year and about for the four hundredth time since she could read.

Rohini pulled up at the library "You go in, darling. I'll park the car." Rey nodded and went into the city library. The library was huge, rows of shelves filled with books were aligned side by side and in the centre was the desk of the librarian, Martha Watson.

"Good evening, Mrs. Martha." Rey greeted the senior citizen.

"Oh, Rey! Good evening, dear." Mrs. Martha exclaimed happy to see the girl who regularly visited the library. The old librarian was quite fond of the little girl she read books children her age would not even know the names of. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm doing good. How 'bout you?" Rey smiled at the old librarian.

"I'm doing fine, my dear." Mrs. Martha replied as Rohini walked over to the desk with Rey's backpack of books that they issued the last time they were here.

"Rey, bete, go get the books you want." Rohini said Rey nodded to her mother before taking a basket to collect the new books she wanted to read. She picked out Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Death on the Nile, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Crime and Punishment along with a few encyclopedias.