Chapter 1 | When I became we

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

2014

In the past three years, Rey only went on a handful of missions. Now she never had the time to draw or play the piano but reading was something she was doing day and night. In the past thirty years, the technology has evolved drastically. Rey, thanks to a high IQ and photographic memory mastered the use of the technology within two years. She learned to code her own computer software.

There was something Rey struggled to learn which was to control the abilities the Hummingbird Serum gave her. Rey had the ability to change her appearance and change the colours of her skin allowing her to blend in with her surroundings and even disguise herself as other individuals. This made it difficult for her to get caught which was the reason HYDRA only wanted one Hummingbird.

Over the three years, Rey realised HYDRA had many secrets that they did not share with her and more secrets than they had before. There were certain files she did not have access to or was not allowed to see. So, like any other inquisitive hacker, she hacked into their system. When she accessed the files she wished she had done it before.

There was footage of Bucky killing Howard and Maria Stark. In the 80s Zola threatened Rey to kill the Starks if she did not do HYDRA's bidding. Pierce threatened her with the same but when she read the files that stated the Starks were already killed in 1991 (while Rey was under cryosleep) by Bucky who was under the control of HYDRA. For the past three years, Pierce was threatening her to have the Starks exterminated but it was something he had already done.

When Rey accessed other files she realised why. It was because he did not want her to expose HYDRA, and that was exactly what she planned on doing now. She saved copies of all the HYDRA files that were forbidden to her, while saving she came across a few other files regarding a group of heroes that saved New York from an alien invasion called the Avengers. Two of which were her fathers; Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.

Rey had found out she was a hybrid made in a lab when she was abducted and brought to HYDRA. It was then she found out that Howard was not only her grandfather because he considered her mother Rohini as a daughter but also because of his son Tony was her father.

Rey started formulating a plan to expose HYDRA but for that, she would have to keep her operation a secret and to do that she would have to wear a mask that HYDRA would not recognise as she still did not have full control over her abilities.

The brunette decided to make her own suit, much like her father's Iron Man armour suit. Inspired by Tony's suits Rey started to make her own only it would be better. She found a dealer by the name of Ulysses Klaue. He sold the earth's strongest metal; Vibranium in large quantities for a high price or exchange for something worth millions. Which was an easy exchange for Rey, she gave the man two different serums she made over the three years in exchange for the Vibranium. A memory-wiping serum and a truth serum, three vials of each.