Chapter 10 | The Cradle Chase

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

Rey:

It was four in the morning Rey took a shower and got dressed

It was four in the morning Rey took a shower and got dressed. She kissed Lila and Cooper on their forehead while they were soundly asleep. She put her iPhone and AirPod in her shorts pocket and shrugged on her black and white flannel shirt. She put on her glasses and said "V, give me the location of Len's lab."

"The U-Gin Genetic Research Lab, Seoul, South Korea." the UI said.

"Rey." called a voice. Rey turned to the door and saw Laura standing at the doorway holding a box. "This was my uniform when I used to intern at S.H.I.L.E.D. I should fit you now." Laura said. Rey walked over to her and took the box opening it on the bed It had a dark blue catsuit along with holsters and pocket boots.

"No way..." Rey gasped as she pulled out pocket boots. "This is neat!" she said before looking at Laura with a grin.

In the guest room, Steve wrote a note to Natasha while she was in the shower. He wrote on a piece of paper.

Wear it if your answer is yes.
If not I'll understand and wait till it is.
- SR

He left the note on top of Natasha's neatly folded catsuit along with the ring in the box. He went down the stairs and Clint jerked his head up as if asking what happened. "She'll wear it if it's a yes. Wrote her a note." Steve informed Clint gave him a small nod and walked away.

Steve walked to the drawing room to take his shield "I'll take Rey, Natasha and Clint." Steve told Tony as he put his shield on his back.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony said putting on his wristwatch.

"If Ultron is really building a body...?" Steve trailed off.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony said.

"Maybe a Nindroid." Rey asked as she walked down the stairs.

"What's with the boots." Tony asked noting the pocket boots on Rey's leg.