Chapter 5 | A little chat over boba

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

Rey:

Rey and Harry spent the rest of the day in the lab with Jay working on the healing serum

Rey and Harry spent the rest of the day in the lab with Jay working on the healing serum. Rey told Harry about other serums she had made over the four years since she came out of cryosleep. Harry was particularly interested in the truth serum and even joked about using it on his assistant so he would stop lying about the deadlines. Soon Harry had to go back but he invited her to his lab saying she was free to come anytime she wanted.

After Harry left Rey had her therapy session with Dr. Chaz who said Rey was making progress. So far it had been six sessions and Rey's nightmares were declining and so were the sleepless nights. Rey told Dr. Chaz about her considering going to school but not as herself. Of course, Chaz was not happy about it but understood where Rey was coming from.

Recently Rey had been going to a lot of press conferences thanks to Tony and Pepper and like she expected people were taking pictures and videos of her everywhere she went. Rey was not used to being in front of the camera since she had been hidden all her life. First by her grandparents and mother then by HYDRA and now being in the public eye was too overwhelming.

All of this started when Rey and Tony were seen at a shopping mall together. Tony had insisted on taking her out shopping and it wasn't every day you see Tony Stark with a teenage girl. That was how the rumours started. Everyone recognised Rey from the HYDRA files said things about her that Tony, Steve and the other Avengers could not bear.

So, to put an end to it Tony had Pepper arrange for a press conference. Now Rey was practically a celebrity which she did not want. She wanted a normal life, that was where going to school came in. After finding out that Harry too went to Midtown High Rey had made up her mind on to go to Midtown but before she wanted to talk to Gwen about it.

Gwen, like Rey, was also struggling to keep her identity a secret. Everyone in her school knew that the Falcon was her godfather. While some were asking her for his autographs others suddenly wanted to be friends with her. The principal had to threaten the students with suspension thanks to Gwen's father, Captain George Stacy and Sam. After the threat, no one dared to bother Gwen other than three of her best friends, Harry Osborn, Lee Jung-gi and Peter Parker.