Chapter 8 | The Tractor No One Can Fix

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

Rey:

Rey took a shower and she currently sat on the bed of the guest bedroom ruffling her hair with the towel to dry it off

Rey took a shower and she currently sat on the bed of the guest bedroom ruffling her hair with the towel to dry it off. Flashes of what she re-lived terrorised her. She threw the towel and walked to the window looking at Jay playing with Lila and Cooper in the field. She stared out the window at them Laura walked to the room and saw Rey looking out the window in deep thought. Whatever had happened to them on the mission she knew that Rey had taken the hardest hit among all of them.

Laura left Rey's dry clothes on the bed and left without disturbing the girl. Laura returned to her and Clint's room to check on him. She looked at his left waist where the bullet had hit him but there was no wound. "See, you were worried for nothing." Clint said "Can't even feel the difference, can you?"

Laura let out a sigh through her nose "If they're sleeping here, some of 'em are gonna have to double up." Laura said. Clint chuckled.

"Well, I'm sure Steve and Nat won't have a problem with that." he said causing Laura to smile before hitting him lightly on the arm.

"What about the ring with Steve?" Laura asked.

"Ring? What for?" Clint asked as he walked into the small walk-in closet putting on a shirt over his tee. Laura laughed at her husband's obliviousness.

"You are so cute." she said still laughing.

"Steve's got a ring for Nat?" Clint asked.

"I found the box with a ring while I was putting the uniforms and clothes to wash." Laura said.

"Steve didn't tell me!" Clint exclaimed.

"He probably didn't tell anyone." Laura defended the Super Soldier "You don't go around telling your girlfriend's best friend that you are going to propose." Laura paused a moment thinking of the teen brunette "Rey would love that." Laura said smiling softly.

"Yeah." Clint agreed mirroring the same smile.

"It's bad, right?" Laura said solemnly "Nat and Rey seem really shaken."