Chapter 2 | Haunting past

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

Rey:

The next morning Rey took a shower and was putting on her pastel leather jacket over her black tank top when Natasha walked in saying the the lab was ready

The next morning Rey took a shower and was putting on her pastel leather jacket over her black tank top when Natasha walked in saying the the lab was ready. Rey sat at a table in the lab with her jacket off, a velcro strap on her right forearm tightly as Dr. Banner prepared a syringe. They were first going to run a few tests on her blood. "It might pinch a little."

"Oh, please, I've had a serum injected into me, my DNA cell came apart and then re-joined with the DNA cells of a chameleon, cuttlefish and tree frog. I also have been shot and cut by knives a handful of times. So I think I can handle a little pinch, Mr. Jade-temper-tantrum." Rey said giving him a sarcastic smile while Steve and Natasha smirked at her sass and Jay laughed with no shame.

"Right." Bruce said awkwardly. Just that statement and nicknaming from Rey made him realise that there was no need for a paternity test she was definitely one hundred percent Tony's daughter.

"I like her sass." said a voice. They all looked at the lab door that opened when Tony walked in.

"Thank you." Rey smirked flipping her hair off her shoulder causing Jay to roll his eyes. Banner had already taken her blood in the syringe while Rey was busy talking. 

"We should have the results in two hours." Banner said.

"Good." Rey said hopping off the table and taking the strap on her forearm "'cause Jay and I are going for boba and a movie."

"Which one?" Natasha asked curiously as Rey shrugged on her pastel leather jacket.

"Cinderella's Live Action." Rey said "Of course, it would never take the original Cinderella's place in my heart since it was the first Disney movie I ever watched."

"Let's go then." Jay said as they walked out.

"Daddy, I'm taking the car!" Rey called out just as the elevator closed.

"Car? She has a licence?" Bruce asked.

"Yeah. Since she can change her appearance to look like an adult she has a licence." Steve explained. Tony waited in the lab till the results came and like everyone expected it was positive. Tony stared at the positive results but was not shocked.