Chapter 2 | The Final Goodbye

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

It had been a few weeks since Rey and Jay discussed whom to contact in a way that they were not directly associated with the Avengers. Someone like the director of S.H.I.L.E.D. Nicholas J. 'Nick' Fury. But to contact him they had to find a way into S.H.I.L.E.D. which was easy for Rey since she could change her appearance.

Rey uploaded all the files she thought were necessary for S.H.I.L.E.D. to know about on a hard drive. She uploaded only and only the ones she wanted them to know about. Since she used to work for HYDRA she did not want S.H.I.L.E.D. to know her identity. Or anything she had done during the years of her life before the cryosleep.

Rey sat at the computer staring at the screen as she kept pressing the top button of the clutch pen in her hands. She was on a Google search page she stared at the blank search bar wondering if it would give her the right answer to her question.

"Rey, you have been staring at the monitor for fifteen whole minutes." said V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A. Rey looked away from the screen and at the keyboard, as she clutched her fingers tightly around the pen in her hand. "And the pen in your hand is going to break." Rey immediately dropped the pen on the desk sighing as she ran her hands through her brown locks.

"Is it just me or is the Rey Irani too frustrated to search on the internet." Jay quipped as he walked into the room with two Starbucks Bobas.

"If it makes you happy then yes." Rey countered with a smile before they both chuckled as Jay handed Rey her Caramel Macchiato boba.

"Which is what might I ask?" Jay asked amusingly. Rey smiled sadly at the screen.

"The location of where Popa and Popy lay." Jay raised his brows in shock with wide eyes as he pulled his boba away from his mouth he chewed and gulped it down.

"Hmm." he nodded wordlessly before looking at Rey. "Well, I guess I can help you with that" Rey looked at him immediately. "The graves're somewhere in the city." he said. "It's all I know." he said raising his hands in defence. Rey looked at her fingers that lay on the computer keyboard but still hesitated.

Searching where the Starks lay would be accepting that they were dead, which was something Rey did not want to do. Accepting that her grandparents were gone and she never saw them again was something Rey could not handle. She was only five when she last saw them and now years later she finds out they are dead and were killed by someone who was a father figure for her.

She of course, never blamed Bucky because she knew it was not his fault he was being controlled. She too, like Bucky had done things she would have never done if it was not for HYDRA. She would always wonder what her childhood would have been like if HYDRA had not killed her mother and abducted her.