Chapter 22- Green is for Jealousy

Chapter 22

The incident that had occurred earlier was still fresh in my mind, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it had been intentional. I needed answers, and I needed them now. 

Actually, wala naman CCTV sa mismong pinangyarihan ng accident kanina, pero sa hagdan papasok sa 2nd floor at sa elevator makikita ang mga pumapasok at lumalabas doon.

Ang nakakainis lang, wala ako sa focus sa dalawang class ko this afternoon dahil gigil na gigil ako na malaman kung tama ba yung hinala ko na kanina pa tumatakbo sa isip ko.

I messaged Blair, hindi raw kasi ito makakasabay umuwi sa akin dahil may importante syang gagawin.  A proposal letter, documentation, and narrative report as a president, madami talaga siyang ginagawa.  Kaya pupuntahan ko nalang ito.

Blair was my final lifeline, the key to unlocking the CCTV footage that could unveil the truth of what happened. The Office of Student Affairs, the OSA, was right next to the control room housing the CCTV cameras, under the watchful eye of a stern operator.

Getting my hands on that footage wasn't going to be a walk in the park. It would require a formal request, and that would take time. But I, Kayla D. Narvaez, was not one to sit around and wait!  I need to know or rather I need to confirm.

Sa dami ng may galit sa akin, sino sa kanila ang gagawa nun?

My mind raced with thoughts of the accident and the questions that needed answering.

I finally spotted Blair through the open door of the Student Council office. She was sitting at one of the desks, engrossed in some paperwork. I pushed open the door and stepped inside, my heart still pounding.

"B!" I called out, trying to keep my voice steady. "Are
you alone?"

Blair looked up from her paperwork, surprise evident in her eyes.

"Yeah, K, what are you doing here?  Where is Miss Freya?" She glanced around, realizing that I was breaking one of the unspoken rules by being in the Student Council office without being an officer. But there was something in my expression that made her set aside her surprise.

I took a deep breath, my voice dropping to a hushed tone. "B, I need your help. I think that accident earlier was a prank to hurt me. I need to get a hold of the CCTV footage from the school cameras to see if there's any evidence."

Blair's eyes widened, and she leaned in closer. "Are you serious? You know it's risky, we need a formal request!  As much as I wanted to kill the culprit who tried to harm you!"

I nodded, pero wala akong pake kung risky ang gagawin ko. I need that footage. "I know, B, but I don't have time to go through the proper channels. I need your access to the footage. Please, this is important."

Blair hesitated for a moment, weighing the risks. Then, she sighed and reached for her keycard. "Fine, but you were never here, okay?  Follow me."

Pumasok na ako at saka nito binuksan ang pinto adjacent to the CCTV room. 

"Good thing, lumabas muna si Mr. Laz para mag smoke.  So, let's make it fast bago pa tayo maabutan!"

Relief washed over me as she swiped her keycard, granting me access to the computer system. We quickly navigated to the CCTV footage, and I began searching for the time of the accident. Blair watched over my shoulder as we scanned through the various camera feeds.

Iniwan na ako ni Blair mag isa dito dahil marami pa siyang tatapusin, at magsisilbi siyang look out ko kung dumating man ang cctv operator. Kaya naman dali dali kong hinanap ang footage sa iba't ibang oras.