Chapter 48- Final 2 Hours

Chapter 48

Flashback

Young Freya's POV

(The Final 2 Hours Before Hanson Liu's disappearance)

Amidst the pulsating beats of the music and the flashing lights of the party, frustration etched across my face as I confronted Hugo.

"Damn it! I thought it would be delivered this morning!" I ground my teeth, concealing my irritation with a forced smile. He had assured me it would be delivered today, but now, due to an unforeseen shipment delay, our plan was in jeopardy. We danced in the middle of the party, keeping up appearances while silently grappling with the unfolding crisis.

I maintained a smiling facade, my anger seeping through my words. "It's making me furious, Hugo! Plan B is damn risky! I might not make it out alive. What am I supposed to do now that the Molotov cocktail didn't arrive?"

"I swear! The supplier assured me, but they didn't make it due to some issues I don't know! Don't blame me! I was trying to help you here!"

"I'm not blaming you," I whispered amidst the dance, careful not to raise suspicion.

"This is not a good sign, Freya! Do you think I wanted this? I'm worried for you, but I'm even more worried every time your devil of a father hurts you!"

"Listen! We're proceeding with Plan B! We can't just stand here and do nothing. At 7:50, I'll enter the restroom, and at 7:59, you have to disable the power, just as we planned, okay?"

The security's so tight, I can't just stroll up to the gate. That restroom? It's our hurdle and excuse, a vital part of our game plan.

He took a deep breath. Halata ang stress sa mukha nito. Alam ko na kinakabahan siya para sa akin.

"Alright. I left the car key there, okay? Be careful! I want you alive, okay? If you get in trouble, I'll get in trouble too. But I don't care, as long as you get your freedom."

"I appreciate you so much, Hugo. You don't know how much I do." Patuloy lang kami sa pag sayaw kasabay ng mga bisita na parang walang nangyayari.

"I know, anything for you. Now, get ready. I need to go to the power room to disable the power." The urgency in Hugo's voice resonated with the impending risk, and as he disappeared into the shadows, the gravity of our desperate plan sank in.

..

Every passing second is critical for me. It's now 7:58, and I've squeezed out of the narrow window of the restroom. My bodyguard knows I'm here, but if I linger for a few more minutes, I know he'll catch wind of it. I'm ready to scale the towering gate. I need to get over it within 60 seconds. I'm waiting for the power to cut off before making my swift ascent.

Suddenly, the surroundings plunge into darkness. It's the signal; I need to climb the gate within 60 seconds to make a clean escape from the Zhang mansion. Daddy is oblivious, currently engaged in a drink with Mr. Harold Zhang.

I swiftly head towards the gate, no looking back. As I reach the bottom, the lights flicker back on.

Shit! I was just right on time! Relief washes over my face.

Paglabas ko ay mabilis ko naman nahanap ang sasakyan na tinutukoy ni Hugo.

I run towards the car and start it up. But, of course, luck isn't on my side. It refuses to start!