Chapter 4

Felix huh. Good. The girl internally sighs in relief—slow but sure, at least there's progress in this whole weird fiasco. It really took her a couple of conversations, energy and patience to even get his name.

At this point, getting him to work together to solve this phenomenon will take me at least a couple of days. Eugene has a bad feeling about this, truly, not having much hope in this guy.

"Ok, Felix. I want you to—"

"STOP." His warning makes Eugene stop in her tracks. He backs a step further and shows a shoo-ing gesture, "3m away."

"What?"

"Three. Metres. Away. Or do you not understand Math?" He says firmly, yet there's still some sort of anxiety in his tone.

What the hell is wrong with this man???  He didn't even apologise properly for what happened during that rainy day, so why is he the hostile one here?

"Tsk. You could've been nicer about it." Eugene rolls her eyes, yet she still stands in the position where Felix tells her to stop to respect his boundaries. "But legit, this is not a good place to discuss, especially when I have to be 3 metres apart from you."

"I'm not here to discuss." Felix still speaks in a firm yet anxious tone as he slowly moves to the right, "I'm here to study so please leave."

"Ugh. Fine." Knowing that the current Felix still doesn't have the will nor the bravery to talk about the phenomenon, the girl decides to pack her belongings from the table to prepare for her departure. At least he still knows how to say please??? She tries to make herself feel better—there's still hope, AT LEAST.

Annoyed by the whole situation, Eugene packs up her belongings and sarcastically shows a hand gesture to Felix to the seat she was previously occupying. "Go ahead..."

Obviously, that short gesture did not give Felix the best reaction. Despite his face being blurred, the girl could tell that he was not happy with what she did, lowkey, stomping his feet in annoyance while he walked to her spot.

Stomping his feet when he's angry like a child, haha. For some reason, it amuses her to see such a reaction, but she keeps the entertainment for herself and savours it for the last minute before she excuses herself to leave the place.

As she returns to her dorm, she finds the person that has been missing for the last couple of days, standing in front of her door. He seems hesitant to give it a knock as he keeps on retracting and extending his hands.

"What's with that?" Eugene chuckles as she approaches him, making the latter flinch. "You can knock on my door anytime you want."

"Eu-Eugene!" Jake looks rather nervous than usual, and the girl can already tell why he decided to drop by her room today. With a small smile that conveys mixed feelings, Eugene steps in between him and the door and places her hands behind her back, "You're leaving... aren't you?"

"... Yeah." There seems to be guilt in his voice that makes her heart clench, she isn't sure why he feels bad for leaving the place—it's his choice in life after all.

But that's Jake, I guess. He always thinks about others, and how his actions will affect them. The thought reminds her why and how she fell for him in the first place.

"I wish you a good time and journey for starting a new life with your new roommates." She smiles at him, giving him her wishes for his choice while hiding her sadness. Jake, however, seems to notice the hidden emotion as he extends his hand to Eugene.

"?" The girl looks at him confused, only to hear him speaking in a gentle tone. "Hold my hand, Eugene."

Hearing it makes her feel nervous but also happy that he initiated the contact. She hesitates a little before placing her hand on top of his palm.