Chapter 34

This is bad. Eugene constantly bites on her fingernails, staring at her screen in frustration. Just as planned, the girl has been working on the group assignment alone in a different document, in hopes that she gets to submit it to the professor and have it graded separately.

But because of this choice, she has a hard time juggling her other, actual individual assignments. Turns out that the peer-reviewed articles that she needed to look for references weren't enough; she had to do more research than she expected.

And peer-reviewed articles are the hardest to find. She sighs and decides to put her laptop on sleep mode now. The girl walks to her dining table, gazing at the golden sun. It's currently 4 P.M., and since the season is slowly transitioning to winter from autumn, the sun tends to set even earlier than usual.

Eugene takes a seat as her fingers tap on the table continuously.

I wonder how Felix's doing? The last time she thought about him was when she met Jake, and realising that she too, likes him more than just a friend. And ever since the time they decided to test the waters by cuddling, she hasn't seen her neighbor at all either.

Maybe he's working hard for his recital. She smiles to herself, wanting to believe that the three probably have reconciled by now.

And I should probably tell Felix about my feelings soon... Eugene ponders, looking out to see birds landing on the tree branches to rest. She chuckles at the way they snuggle close to each other; that reminds her of how close Felix kept her by his side that day.

To think that the person she ends up falling for is the same person who used to act hostile around her and caused the reduction in her grades, and also, the so-called 'mystical creature' that she lowkey feared at first. 

Despite the pixelated phenomenon, Eugene's heart somehow still finds a way to reach Felix's and vice-versa. All this time, she never knew what he looked like—it's almost like she fell for someone while being blind.

"I've gone insane." Her hand runs through her hair as she finds this fact a little amusing. Felix does end up revealing the side that Eugene had never discovered before—the soft, emotional, and caring side that touched her heart deeply.

Eugene loves the way he looks out for her, expresses his love without forcing her to reciprocate it, and thinks about her comfort and well-being, while also being there when she isn't at her best.

The feeling of love feels new to her, but she can't wait to explore it together with Felix.

.

.

.

Eugene presses the red button on the vending machine outside the lounge after scanning over her card to get the choice of her drink. After seemingly having deep thoughts about Felix, Eugene is unable to return to her assignment grinding immediately—she needed a breath of fresh air.

As she brings the green bottle with her, Eugene takes the elevator to go down and leaves her building to go to her usual chill-out spot; the university's garden.

Surprisingly, she sees the blonde-haired neighbor sitting on one of the benches with his back facing her. He seems to be sitting there just admiring the ducks swimming in the small lake under the golden sun.

Eugene gulps for a moment and reconsiders if she should just take a seat next to him and talk about her feelings to him.

Will it be too sudden?

Then again, the male has already revealed his feelings for her way earlier and is probably waiting for her answer even though he told her to take all the time she needs.